Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

deleting conditional build expressions

Feb 19, 2008 Feb 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a project in RH7 and it has expanded to become our company's single source for user documentation. This is a good thing. However, as I've added information for different audiences, I've ended up with a number of conditional build expressions that I no longer need. I'd like to delete them so I don't have to search through a long list on the WebHelp General screen.
I've searched the forum and don't see any information about deleting conditional build expressions (tags, yes; expressions, no). Can anyone tell me how to do this?
Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Feb 20, 2008 Feb 20, 2008
Thank you! This did exactly what I needed, so I'm going to mark this post as answered. Appreciate the speedy response and all the information that you've made available through the forum as well as on your site!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2008 Feb 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

Make a backup first.

I believe you then delete the PSS file and reopen the project. If not add a build tag called redrabbit or something else unique and create a build expression using it. The do a multi file find and replace operation on all file types.

It's late here and tomorrow I can probably lay my hands on the answer. So option two is to wait until then!

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to delete the PSS file and any layout that contains the build expression(s) you want to lose.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This did exactly what I needed, so I'm going to mark this post as answered. Appreciate the speedy response and all the information that you've made available through the forum as well as on your site!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 02, 2010 Mar 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mr. Grange,

Forgive me for resurrecting such an old post. In your reply you state: "any layout that contains the build expression). By 'layout' do you mean the topics?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem about following up old posts when they are relevant, indeed it adds to the information available for the next person along.

Layouts are the different output options as shown below.

layouts.gif

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. you are the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp