• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to transfer RoboHelp project to another pc?

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've currently got TCS4 (RH 10) on Win 7 and am being upgraded to a yet unknown Windows platform on another laptop. I'm wondering if it's a simple task to transfer all of my RoboHelp  projects from one pc to another without having to re-enter or re-set up things like customized skins, colors, buttons, variables, etc.

After re-installing TCS on the new pc, can I just copy/paste all RH files from one pc to another and pick up where I left off?

(If so, would the necessary files to transfer be contained in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 10\RoboHTML?)

dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After installing the TCS on new PC, you do not need to copy any file in installer.

Simply copy the projects to this machine (complete project folder) and you are done.

Everything like skin, css, variables all are inside the project folder only. So, everything will be taken care of.

Happy migration!!

Note: It is always advisable to keep a backup copy of projects.

Let me know if you need any help or  face any issue while transferring the projects.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That's reassuring, especially since it's been a few years since I've created the variables, etc.   

I've also added a few of the fixes that Adobe provided for issues, e.g., WebHelp issues in RoboHelp versions 10 and 11 (and others).

These updates are added to the program files (WebHelp5Ext). I imagine that those will need to be re-added.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like it went okay. A bit of cleanup to do, but overall all RH projects have survived the transfer and open as expected. There are a few topics that open as a blank page, but I'm able to slowly get them back in shape. Seems I have to remove most of the text, and then add it back little by little, generating output after each addition to check if it's now visible. Sometimes, just by changing some of the formats (like bullets to body text) makes it visible again. Not sure why this is so, but at least it's just on a dozen or so topics (out of 800+).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp