• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing audio to play over multiple slides

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2008 Feb 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to import an audio file (music) with Presenter and have it play over half of my slides (about 40). The knowledge base seems to indicate that imported audio can only be 'attached' to one slide. I do not want to even attempt to chop up a music file to play specific parts during each slide and try to have it sound continuous.
Is there any solution?
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2008 Feb 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can import the audio file to the first slide and then use the audio editor tool to manually move the slide marker to where you want them to change in the audio file. You will only be able to have one audio track going to if you are looking for background music this is not the tool.

Jorma@RealEyes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2008 Feb 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! that will work as the sections of my presentation have only music or voice, never both at the same time. However, if I manually move the slide markers, does this override the timing I have set for slide changes? Will I have to look up my timing for slide transitions, and make each slide marker match that in the audio editor?
Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to adjust the slide timings to match what you had set up originally. Additionally you will probably have to redo your animation synchronization as well, but now you know how to do it so you will not have to redo it in the future.

Jorma@RealEyes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again! I tried it all out, and it works but every slide transition causes the music to skip. Is there anyway around this? If I am using the wrong tool for publishing PPT with audio to a webpage, let me know another tool I can use. I would publish the ppt directly using PPT's publish feature, but I think that limits the presentation to users with IE and not other browsers, and I am not even sure I can get sound to stream that way either. Sorry, I guess I am going outside the realm of this forum. You have been really helpful so far - no worries if you choose to drop this thread.
Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, you may want to try using Captivate 3. It will allow you to import the PPT slide deck, though it tends to reduce the image quality, but you can insert 2 audio tracks, a music track that will loop, and a voice track. The music track will reduce in volume when any other audio is playing. I hope this feature will be put into Presenter 7 but we'll see.

Jorma@RealEyes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2008 Mar 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello I Can listening the audio of my presentation of power point when I already have my custom URL in adobe conecct .....I can see the presentation in order but the audio it´s not working,..............what can i do waths happen?????????

rubben.perez@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources