Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader + Flash - Not enough permissions to write to disk

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

My name is Albert, I am writing to you as a last option to solve my problem.

I've been trying to install Adobe Reader and update Flash Player for ages and it says there are not enough permissions to write to disk. I've tried a clean install, a disk permissions repair, to install it through a different link, I checked the Application Support folder's permissions... but it does not work. Every single time, I get the image I send you.

My Mac has recently been restored so I do not understand which could be the problem.

I would be grateful if you could help me with this.

Kind regards,

Albert

1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi puigfa,

Please let me know if you have any other Adobe application installed on your machine.

If yes, then please check the permissions for the folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Right-click on the Adobe folder and choose "Get Info" from the menu, expand the Sharing and Permissions tab at the bottom of the window and check that your user account has Read & Write permissions.

Also, ensure that if there is a previous version of Reader installed on your machine, then uninstall it completely and then install Reader DC from here:

Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Try launching Flash Player as well and see if it works fine or not.

Let me know.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anubha,

Apart from the Flash Player, I have Photoshop CS6 installed on my computer. The thing you said about Sharing and Permissions, I had already tried. I do not need Adobe Reader anymore but I still cannot update the Flash Player correctly through the website (it gives me the same problem as before).

Thanks for your help,

Albert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Albert,

Please try performing a clean install.

Refer: How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried to do that and it did not work.

Regards,

Albert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi puigfa,

It seems to be the file & folder permission issue  in Mac, please refer to this link for help Permissions & Disk Space | Apple Support Communities.

Once you have rights to install the software, please download Adobe Reader using this link Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions.

Let me know if you experience any issue.

I am also moving this thread to the Flash forum for further help.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines