• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion Reference - No More Wiki - Are you kidding?!

Engaged ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I just tried to look up my bookmark to the Adobe ColdFusion Wiki only to be met with an SSL certificate error.  Thinking, surely this was a mistake, I added an exception in FireFox and continued only to get redirected to a supposedly new CFML Reference at helpx.adobe.com.

Who is in charge of this bonehead move?

First off, the new docs can't be edited by the community like the Wiki could.  God knows they needed help.

Second, there's no search?  Only a "Community Search" (whatever that is) that returns: "Error 413 Header too large" when I search anything.  Listen, Einstein, if I'm in the reference I don't want to search the Community!  I want to search the REFERENCE to quickly find what I need.  Oh wait, there's a Search link up top.  Let's use that.  Search: CFPDF.  After waiting 25 seconds for results to come back I get nothing but links to the ColdFusion 9 docs?  Brilliant!

The level of stupidity in this move by Adobe is hard to comprehend.

I'm off to use CFDocs.org and losing all faith in Adobe to do right by CFML.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed the same thing while I was searching for the documentation. WTF Adobe!

This must be a mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam Cameron wrote a post about this with various links to reason etc.

http://blog.adamcameron.me/2015/09/coldfusion-docs-site-update-and-question.html

Does seem like a silly move for Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have also blogged about this issue:

ColdFusion documentation update — Adobe ColdFusion Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed. This sucks.

Open suggestion to Adobe: Bring back the old docs. If you want, add a link to the pages "Click here to view a revised wiki page on this topic."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation