• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Digital Editions could not connect to the fulfillment server. Please check your internet connection." This is the message I get, yet my internet connection is good. Help!

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Digital Editions could not connect to the fulfillment server. Please check your internet connection."  This is the message I get, yet my internet connection is good.  Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we dont have a answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having the same problem this week.  ADE had worked fine until now.  Like you I started by not being able to connect to the fulfillment server.  I tried all the fixes, uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, nothing worked, couldn't deauthorize my computer so resorted to the control shift d option, that deauthorized, but then I couldn't authorize my computer, got the error could not connect to the activation server.  I went through all the uninstalling, reinstalling several times, and was getting very frustrated.  Finally I went into my admin account, ADE showed authorized there, tried to add a borrowed library book & it told me that I had to authorize, so I clicked on help, deauthorized, then authorized, the book transferred, plugged in my Kobo Glo & added the book to it.  When I logged off of my admin account & went back to the account I normally use, my ADE still shows that it isn't authorized & the book I added is not in my library.  So I guess I have to use it from my admin account on my computer.  It is kind of annoying, but at least I found a fix that actually worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Demelza,

I've got exactly the same issues, and followed the same path to frustration. I contacted Adobe Customer Care (who obviously don't since it's a free program) who directed me to the forums with no solution.

| found the following thread Authorisation - never completes! where restore Internet Explorer to the default settings to allow Digital Reader to connect with the Adobe server.  I normally use Firefox, but called up IE and set as the default browser, and after about 3 tries it suddenly authorised my PC correctly. I've added a book authorised in 2013 to the Adobe library and it opens correctly.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Could you please explain, what exactly you did after you called up IE?

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carol,

Sorry - I went back to using Firefox & haven't used IE again until I hit another ADE snag!

From what I can remember, I just opened IE and set it as my default browser. Then went to the ADE download page and logged on with the email address/password I used to download ADE, opened my ADE ereader software on my pc, and clicked on Authorise Computer.  I think I got the same error message the first time, but I just clicked again and then it recognised whatever it needed to and authorised it ok.  Only problem since then has been with an upgrade (from v4.0 to v4.5 - kept re-adding the same 6 books to my library for some reason so I had to delete & go back to v4.0).

That's all I can remember, hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error, in ADE version 2, version 3, and the latest 4.   None of the few posts that I've found on this have an answer that works.

It seems incredible that this problem has not been solved since it's been around for years.

I have "bought" a book and I have no way to get it to my reader.   I'm going back to paper books, this DRM stuff is totally arranged for the convenience of Adobe and sellars, with no regard for the support of customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just recently started having this problem after not reading e-books for a few months. Why????? I have an old Kobo and have to use ADE 3.0 to be able to download books and now suddenly it won't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines