• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp conversion issue

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2008 Feb 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm tring to convert a HLP file to a CHM file, I recover almost all the hlps files but I lost the external links. there's external link to other hlps files and I need to keep them.
Can someone help me ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2008 Feb 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi achleuhi and welcome to the RH community.

You can certainly have links to external files in a CHM. How you do this though depends on whether users need to access the version at the point they click on the link or at the point the CHM was generated. The former uses a link to a URL where the external file is located. This allows the user to open the file as it currently exists. The later links to a file that is copied into the CHM. This means the user gets the file as it existed when the link was generated.

Both methods are performed via the Insert > Hyperlink menu item. There you will find a downward arrow next to the "Link To" field which when clicked displays a menu. Use the Web Address and File options as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp