• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Step and repeat

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2009 Mar 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an easy way to step and repeat with numerical off-sets in Illustrator CS3, Photoshop CS3, or InDesign (in OX 10.5) ?
TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Mar 16, 2009 Mar 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do:

Move: Double click the black arrow or Cmd+Shift+M and set the distance. Then use Cmd+D to duplicate.

or:

Use Effects: Transform and set distance and number of copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply but I am obviously doing something wrong. I am trying to get a shape to duplicate 100 times with an precise 1 mm offset to the left and 10 mm down. In using the Cmd+Shift+M it moves the object and Cmd+D (the old Freehand command which worked) does not do it either. Both just move the object and not copy it. What step am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cmd+Shift+M gives you a Copy button, third from top. Use it once. Then Cmd+D will repeat last transform. Hold it down until it has made 99 copies.

If you hold down CMD+D it will copy faster than you can count.

Effect>Distort&Transform>Transform gives you all the options in one action. Field for number of copies etc.

A third option is to use the blend tool but that might not suit you for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2010 Mar 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks -- just what i was looking for.  I'll have to remember that effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2011 Oct 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sigurdur.

The Effect > Distort and Transform >Transform... is clearly the best way to do this. Thank you. You have saved me many a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More: For easier counting Cmd+Shift+M. Then Cmd+D for ten copies. Then take the ten new copies and do the same on it nine times. :D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a script I wrote for CS5 that will duplicate a selected object a number or times.

git://gist.github.com/1339340.git

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello SainaM, it's been a long time, but I have a solution for you, I needed it in my work and I wrote a script to solve this problem, think it was better way to do this, I made a window like a tool in my workplace and everytime I need, just fill the "offset" and "repeats" values in textboxes and click in a button. Very simple and confortable, if you want this, contact me here and I'll share it with you.

Best Regards,

-Vinícius

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic thread is old, however as it has just been bumped…

This came up over on LinkedIn and Vasily Hall made the following contribution:

//Vasily Hall

// http://www.linkedin.com/groupItem?view=&gid=121555&type=member&item=5945478352470097924&commentID=-1...

function StepAndRepeat(){var Units = {mm : 2.83464567,inch : 72,point: 1};function UIWindow(){function selectAll(elem){elem.active = false;elem.active = true;}var resultObj = {};var w = new Window("dialog", "Step and Repeat");var unitSelection = w.add('dropdownlist', undefined, Units.toSource().match(/(?!(\{|\s))[a-z]+(?=(:))/g));if(typeof ___step_and_repeat_unitName == 'undefined'){unitSelection.selection = unitSelection.items[0];} else {unitSelection.selection = unitSelection.find(___step_and_repeat_unitName);}var p1 = w.add('panel', undefined, "Steps");p1.size = [120, 76];var p1_g1 = p1.add('group');var t = p1_g1.add('statictext', undefined, "Step X");var thisVal = (typeof ___step_and_repeat_stepX == 'undefined') ? 10 : ___step_and_repeat_stepX;var stepX = p1_g1.add('edittext', undefined, thisVal); stepX.characters = 5;t.addEventListener('mousedown', function(){selectAll(this.parent.children[1])});var p1_g2 = p1.add('group');var t = p1_g2.add('statictext', undefined, "Step Y");var thisVal = (typeof ___step_and_repeat_stepY == 'undefined') ? 10 : ___step_and_repeat_stepY;var stepY = p1_g2.add('edittext', undefined, thisVal); stepY.characters = 5;t.addEventListener('mousedown', function(){selectAll(this.parent.children[1])}); var p2 = w.add('panel', undefined, "Offsets");p2.size = [120, 76];var p2_g1 = p2.add('group');var t = p2_g1.add('statictext', undefined, "Offset X");var thisVal = (typeof ___step_and_repeat_offsetX == 'undefined') ? 1 : ___step_and_repeat_offsetX;var offsetX = p2_g1.add('edittext', undefined, thisVal); offsetX.characters = 5;t.addEventListener('mousedown', function(){selectAll(this.parent.children[1])});var p2_g2 = p2.add('group');var t = p2_g2.add('statictext', undefined, "Offset Y");var thisVal = (typeof ___step_and_repeat_offsetY == 'undefined') ? 1 : ___step_and_repeat_offsetY;var offsetY = p2_g2.add('edittext', undefined, thisVal); offsetY.characters = 5;t.addEventListener('mousedown', function(){selectAll(this.parent.children[1])});var btnOk = w.add('button', undefined, "OK");var btnCcl = w.add('button', undefined, "Cancel");if(w.show() == 2){alert("Cancelled");return null;} else {___step_and_repeat_unitName = resultObj.unitName = unitSelection.selection.text;resultObj.unitRatio = Units[unitSelection.selection.text];___step_and_repeat_stepX = resultObj.stepX = stepX.text;___step_and_repeat_stepY = resultObj.stepY = stepY.text;___step_and_repeat_offsetX = resultObj.offsetX = offsetX.text;___step_and_repeat_offsetY = resultObj.offsetY = offsetY.text;return resultObj;}}if(app.documents.length > 0){var doc = app.activeDocument;var sel = doc.selection;if(sel.length > 0){var userInput = UIWindow();try{if(userInput != null){var offsetX = userInput.offsetX * userInput.unitRatio;var offsetY = userInput.offsetY * userInput.unitRatio;var x = sel[0].position[0];var y = sel[0].position[1];var w = sel[0].width;var h = sel[0].height;for(var i = 0; i < userInput.stepY; i++){for(var j = 0; j < userInput.stepX; j++){var dupe = sel[0].duplicate(sel[0].parent, ElementPlacement.PLACEATBEGINNING);var xPos = (j == 0) ? x : x += (w + offsetX);dupe.position = [xPos, y];}y -= (h + offsetY);x = sel[0].position[0];}sel[0].remove();}} catch(e){alert(e);}} else {alert("Please make a selection first.");}}}

#target illustrator

StepAndRepeat();

Keep in mind that the “Steps” is the total final array (not number of copies), so X=2 and Y=2 would result in 4 objects (1 original and 3 copied from the original source). The “offset” is the size of the gaps/gutters between the step/repeat elements. Notable is the unit selector, so that one is not forced to use points!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A different script, I personally prefer the previous script. This script will create the step & repeat on a new document.

Keep in mind that the “Steps” is the total final array (not number of copies), so Horizontal=2 and Vertical=2 would result in 4 objects from the single original source object. The “offset” is the actual distance to move the original object, so a 5cm square that was offset 6cm would have a 1cm gap/gutter.

// Illustrator Step & Repeat

// http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Array-Tool-Please-121555%2ES%2E5945478352470097924?view=&gid=121555&t...

// Step and Repeat selected and grouped object

// from

// the active document into a new document

var myWindow = new Window ("dialog");

var myMessage = myWindow.add ("statictext");

myMessage.text = "Units";

var radio_group = myWindow.add ("panel") ;

radio_group.alignChildren = "left" ;

radio_group.add ("radiobutton" , undefined, "mm") ;

radio_group.add ("radiobutton" , undefined, "cm") ;

radio_group.add ("radiobutton" , undefined, "inches") ;

radio_group.add ("radiobutton" , undefined, "points") ;

myWindow.add("button",undefined, "OK");

radio_group.children[ 0] .value = true ;

function selectedrbutton(rbuttons){

for (var i=0; i < rbuttons.children.length; i++){

if (rbuttons.children.value == true) {

return rbuttons.children.text;

}

}

}

myWindow.show ( );

var conversionFactor = 1.0;

if (selectedrbutton(radio_group) == "inches") {

conversionFactor = 72.0;

} else if (selectedrbutton(radio_group) == "mm") {

conversionFactor = 2.834645669;

} else if (selectedrbutton(radio_group) == "cm") {

conversionFactor = 28.34645669;

}

var newItem;

var docSelected = app.activeDocument.selection;

var title = "Step and Repeat";

//var xsteps = 10;

//var ysteps = 10;

var xsteps = Number(prompt ("Horizontal Steps:", 10, title));

var ysteps = Number(prompt ("Vertical Steps:", 10, title));

//var xoffset = 60.0;

//var yoffset = 80.0;

var xoffset = Number(prompt ("Horizontal Offset:", 60.0, title));

var yoffset = Number(prompt ("Vertical Offset:", 80.0, title));

xoffset = xoffset * conversionFactor;

yoffset = yoffset * conversionFactor;

if ( docSelected.length > 0 ) {

// Create a new document and move the selected items to it.

var newDoc = app.documents.add();

if ( docSelected.length > 0 ) {

for (xcount = 1; xcount <= xsteps; xcount++){

for (ycount = 1; ycount <= ysteps; ycount++){

for ( i = 0; i < docSelected.length; i++ ) {

docSelected.selected = false;

newItem = docSelected.duplicate( newDoc,

ElementPlacement.PLACEATEND );

newItem.left = (xcount - 1) * xoffset;

newItem.top = (ycount - 1) * yoffset;

}

}

}

}

else {

docSelected.selected = false;

newItem = docSelected.parent.duplicate( newDoc, ElementPlacement.PLACEATEND);

}

} else {

alert( "Please select one or more art objects" );

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following is a very full featured script, it allows additional controls such as rotation and scaling… However the most notable feature is an “increment” feature, which allows each stepped and repeated object to contain a number that is automatically incremented, such as used in a raffle ticket for example (with optional zero padding and prefix/suffix).

/*

* @Description: Increment number featured explained by http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=512fpc&s=8

* @Description: Increment summary: Name the textframe containing the value you wish to increment as "increment" - the textframe must contain only the value that needs increment

* @Description: Works by selecting a group item / clipping mask - does not support multiple selections atm but can be extended to do that too

* @Tip: The script should be easier to use with a script panel (google for "script panel illustrator" - there should be an extension by script bay that does that that)

* @Tip: If you're on a Mac, the excellent FastScripts app can be used to assign a shortcut to the script

* @Version: 0.4

* @Supported: CS3/CS4

* @Author: culori.media@gmail.com

*/

#target illustrator

if(app.activeDocument.selection.length == 0) {

alert("No selection!");

} else {

var Utils = {

_frames: [],

getFrames: function(e) {

if(!e.hasOwnProperty('pageItems') && e.typename == 'TextFrame') Utils._frames.push(e);

if(e.hasOwnProperty('pageItems')) {

for(var i=0;i<e.pageItems.length;i++) {

if(e.typename == 'TextFrame') Utils._frames.push(e);

else Utils.getFrames(e.pageItems);

}

}

return Utils._frames;

},

init: function() {

Utils._frames = [];

},

getParentLayer: function(e) {

if(e.parent.typename != 'Layer') return Utils.getParent(e.parent);

}

}

var dlg = new Window('dialog', 'Step and Repeat (and maybe increment ;))');

var selFrames = Utils.getFrames(app.activeDocument.selection[0]);

dlg.alignChildren = ['fill', 'center'];

dlg.measPnl = dlg.add('panel', undefined, 'Measurement unit');

dlg.measPnl.grpLabel = dlg.measPnl.add('group');

dlg.measPnl.grpLabel.orientation = 'row';

dlg.measPnl.grpLabel.titleMeas = dlg.measPnl.grpLabel.add('statictext', undefined, 'Used to express values below:');

dlg.measPnl.grpSel = dlg.measPnl.add('group');

dlg.measPnl.grpSel.orientation = 'row';

dlg.measPnl.grpSel.valueMeas = dlg.measPnl.grpSel.add('DropDownList', undefined, ['Inches','Feet','Yards','Millimeters','Centimeters','Meters','Points','Picas','Pixels']);

dlg.measPnl.grpSel.valueMeas.selection = dlg.measPnl.grpSel.valueMeas.items[3];

dlg.copyPnl = dlg.add('panel', undefined, 'Grid settings');

dlg.copyPnl.orientation = 'column';

dlg.copyPnl.grpXDir = dlg.copyPnl.add('group');

dlg.copyPnl.grpXDir.orientation = 'row';

dlg.copyPnl.grpXDir.titleDirX = dlg.copyPnl.grpXDir.add('statictext', undefined,'Move X:');

dlg.copyPnl.grpXDir.textboxDirX = dlg.copyPnl.grpXDir.add('dropdownlist', undefined,['Left', 'Right']);

dlg.copyPnl.grpXDir.textboxDirX.selection = dlg.copyPnl.grpXDir.textboxDirX.items[1];

dlg.copyPnl.grpXDir.titleDirY = dlg.copyPnl.grpXDir.add('statictext', undefined,'Move Y:');

dlg.copyPnl.grpXDir.textboxDirY = dlg.copyPnl.grpXDir.add('dropdownlist', undefined,['Up', 'Down']);

dlg.copyPnl.grpXDir.textboxDirY.selection = dlg.copyPnl.grpXDir.textboxDirY.items[1];

dlg.copyPnl.grpDirWhere = dlg.copyPnl.add('group');

dlg.copyPnl.grpDirWhere.orientation = 'row';

dlg.copyPnl.grpDirWhere.titleDirWhere = dlg.copyPnl.grpDirWhere.add('statictext', undefined,'Strategy:');

dlg.copyPnl.grpDirWhere.textboxDirWhere = dlg.copyPnl.grpDirWhere.add('dropdownlist', undefined,['Horizontal', 'Vertical']);

dlg.copyPnl.grpDirWhere.textboxDirWhere.selection = dlg.copyPnl.grpDirWhere.textboxDirWhere.items[0];

dlg.copyPnl.grpCopiesX = dlg.copyPnl.add('group');

dlg.copyPnl.grpCopiesX.orientation = 'row';

dlg.copyPnl.grpCopiesX.titleCopiesX = dlg.copyPnl.grpCopiesX.add('statictext', undefined,'Copies X:');

dlg.copyPnl.grpCopiesX.textboxCopiesX = dlg.copyPnl.grpCopiesX.add('edittext', undefined,'2');

dlg.copyPnl.grpCopiesX.textboxCopiesX.characters = 12;

dlg.copyPnl.grpCopiesY = dlg.copyPnl.add('group');

dlg.copyPnl.grpCopiesY.orientation = 'row';

dlg.copyPnl.grpCopiesY.titleCopiesY = dlg.copyPnl.grpCopiesY.add('statictext', undefined,'Copies Y:');

dlg.copyPnl.grpCopiesY.textboxCopiesY = dlg.copyPnl.grpCopiesY.add('edittext', undefined,'2');

dlg.copyPnl.grpCopiesY.textboxCopiesY.characters = 12;

dlg.copyPnl.grpOffsetX = dlg.copyPnl.add('group');

dlg.copyPnl.grpOffsetX.orientation = 'row';

dlg.copyPnl.grpOffsetX.titleoffsetX = dlg.copyPnl.grpOffsetX.add('statictext', undefined,'Offset X(unit):');

dlg.copyPnl.grpOffsetX.textboxOffsetX = dlg.copyPnl.grpOffsetX.add('edittext', undefined,'10');

dlg.copyPnl.grpOffsetX.textboxOffsetX.characters = 12;

dlg.copyPnl.grpOffsetY = dlg.copyPnl.add('group');

dlg.copyPnl.grpOffsetY.orientation = 'row';

dlg.copyPnl.grpOffsetY.titleoffsetY = dlg.copyPnl.grpOffsetY.add('statictext', undefined,'Offset Y(unit):');

dlg.copyPnl.grpOffsetY.textboxOffsetY = dlg.copyPnl.grpOffsetY.add('edittext', undefined,'10');

dlg.copyPnl.grpOffsetY.textboxOffsetY.characters = 12;

dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleX = dlg.copyPnl.add('group');

dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleX.orientation = 'row';

dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleX.titleScaleX = dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleX.add('statictext', undefined,'Scale X(%):');

dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleX.textboxScaleX = dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleX.add('edittext', undefined,'100');

dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleX.textboxScaleX.characters = 12;

dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleY = dlg.copyPnl.add('group');

dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleY.orientation = 'row';

dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleY.titleScaleY = dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleY.add('statictext', undefined,'Scale Y(%):');

dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleY.textboxScaleY = dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleY.add('edittext', undefined,'100');

dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleY.textboxScaleY.characters = 12;

dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleHow = dlg.copyPnl.add('group');

dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleHow.orientation = 'row';

dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleHow.titleScaleHow = dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleHow.add('statictext', undefined,'Scale from:');

dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleHow.textboxScaleHow = dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleHow.add('DropDownList', undefined, ['BOTTOM','LEFT','BOTTOMLEFT','RIGHT','BOTTOMRIGHT','TOP','CENTER','TOPLEFT','DOCUMENTORIGIN','TOPRIGHT']);

dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleHow.textboxScaleHow.selection = dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleHow.textboxScaleHow.items[7];

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotation = dlg.copyPnl.add('group');

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotation.orientation = 'row';

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotation.titleRotate = dlg.copyPnl.grpRotation.add('statictext', undefined,'Rotate(angle):');

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotation.textboxRotate = dlg.copyPnl.grpRotation.add('edittext', undefined,'15');

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotation.textboxRotate.characters = 12;

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationEvery = dlg.copyPnl.add('group');

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationEvery.orientation = 'row';

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationEvery.titleRotateEvery = dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationEvery.add('statictext', undefined,'Rotate every(0 to ignore):');

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationEvery.textboxRotateEvery = dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationEvery.add('edittext', undefined,'1');

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationEvery.textboxRotateEvery.characters = 12;

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationOrigin = dlg.copyPnl.add('group');

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationOrigin.orientation = 'row';

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationOrigin.titleRotOrig = dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationOrigin.add('statictext', undefined,'Rotation origin:');

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationOrigin.rotOrigin = dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationOrigin.add('DropDownList', undefined, ['BOTTOM','LEFT','BOTTOMLEFT','RIGHT','BOTTOMRIGHT','TOP','CENTER','TOPLEFT','DOCUMENTORIGIN','TOPRIGHT']);

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationOrigin.rotOrigin.selection = dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationOrigin.rotOrigin.items[6];

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationDirection = dlg.copyPnl.add('group');

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationDirection.orientation = 'row';

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationDirection.titleRotDir = dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationDirection.add('statictext', undefined,'Rotation direction:');

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationDirection.rotDir = dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationDirection.add('DropDownList', undefined, ['CLOCKWISE', 'COUNTERCLOCKWISE']);

dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationDirection.rotDir.selection = dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationDirection.rotDir.items[0];

dlg.incPnl = dlg.add('panel', undefined, 'Increment settings');

dlg.incPnl.orientation = 'column';

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementFrom = dlg.incPnl.add('group');

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementFrom.titleIncrementFrom = dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementFrom.add('statictext', undefined,'Increment start:');

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementFrom.textboxIncrementFrom = dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementFrom.add('edittext', undefined,'100');

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementFrom.textboxIncrementFrom.characters = 12;

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementStep = dlg.incPnl.add('group');

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementStep.titleIncrementStep = dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementStep.add('statictext', undefined,'Increment step:');

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementStep.textboxIncrementStep = dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementStep.add('edittext', undefined,'1');

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementStep.textboxIncrementStep.characters = 12;

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementPrepend = dlg.incPnl.add('group');

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementPrepend.titleIncrementPrepend = dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementPrepend.add('statictext', undefined,'Prepend:');

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementPrepend.textboxIncrementPrepend = dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementPrepend.add('edittext', undefined,'');

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementPrepend.textboxIncrementPrepend.characters = 12;

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementAppend = dlg.incPnl.add('group');

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementAppend.titleIncrementAppend = dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementAppend.add('statictext', undefined,'Append:');

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementAppend.textboxIncrementAppend = dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementAppend.add('edittext', undefined,'');

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementAppend.textboxIncrementAppend.characters = 12;

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementFilter = dlg.incPnl.add('group');

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementFilter.titleIncrementFilter = dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementFilter.add('statictext', undefined,'Pad number to (0 for no padding):');

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementFilter.textboxIncrementFilter = dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementFilter.add('edittext', undefined,'4');

dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementFilter.textboxIncrementFilter.characters = 12;

dlg.incPnl.grpIncVal = dlg.incPnl.add('group');

dlg.incPnl.grpIncVal.titleIncVal = dlg.incPnl.grpIncVal.add('statictext', undefined,'Target frame:');

//get values for box

var incValues = ['default (increment)'];

for(var j =0; j<selFrames.length;j++){

if(selFrames.name == "") selFrames.name = "<TextFrame " + j.toString() + ">";

incValues.push(selFrames.name);

}

dlg.incPnl.grpIncVal.textboxIncVal = dlg.incPnl.grpIncVal.add('dropdownlist', undefined, incValues);

dlg.incPnl.grpIncVal.textboxIncVal.selection = dlg.incPnl.grpIncVal.textboxIncVal.items[0];

dlg.btnPnl = dlg.add('panel', undefined, '');

dlg.btnPnl.orientation = 'row';

dlg.btnPnl.okBtn = dlg.btnPnl.add('button', undefined, 'Generate', {name:'ok'});

dlg.btnPnl.cancelBtn = dlg.btnPnl.add('button', undefined, 'Cancel', {name:'cancel'});

var x = dlg.show();

var IncHelper = {

_keep: null,

find: function(e,n) {

if(!e.hasOwnProperty('pageItems') && e.name == n && e.typename == 'TextFrame') IncHelper._keep = e;

if(e.hasOwnProperty('pageItems')) {

for(var i=0;i<e.pageItems.length;i++) {

if(e.name == n && e.typename == 'TextFrame') IncHelper._keep=e;

else IncHelper.find(e.pageItems,n);

}

}

},

update: function(dupItem, from, step, loop, prepPad, appendPad, incPadding) {

IncHelper._keep = null;

var findNm = (dlg.incPnl.grpIncVal.textboxIncVal.selection.toString()!='default (increment)') ? dlg.incPnl.grpIncVal.textboxIncVal.selection.toString() : 'increment';

IncHelper.find(dupItem, findNm);

if(IncHelper._keep != null && typeof IncHelper._keep == 'object') {

IncHelper._keep.contents = prepPad + IncHelper.padder(from + step * loop, incPadding) + appendPad;

}

},

padder: function(s,n,d) {

d = d || '0';

s = s.toString();

if(n==0) return s;

var l = s.length;

return n.length >= n ? n : new Array(n-s.length+1).join(d) + s;

}

}

var UnitHelper = {

_nm: ['Inches','Feet','Yards','Millimeters','Centimeters','Meters','Points','Picas','Pixels'],

_nmv: ['in',  'ft', 'yd', 'mm', 'cm', 'm', 'pt', 'pc', 'px'],

getUnitByName: function(n) {

if(n==undefined) n = '';

for(var i=0; i < UnitHelper._nm.length; i++) {

if(UnitHelper._nm.toLowerCase() == n.toLowerCase()) return UnitHelper._nmv;

}

return 'pt';

}

}

if(x==1 && app.activeDocument.selection.length > 0) {

var doc = app.activeDocument;

var docUnit = UnitHelper.getUnitByName(doc.rulerUnits.toString().substr(doc.rulerUnits.toString().indexOf(".")+1));

var unitOfChoice = UnitHelper.getUnitByName(dlg.measPnl.grpSel.valueMeas.selection.toString());

var item = doc.selection[0];

var itemResizeX = parseFloat(dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleX.textboxScaleX.text);

var itemResizeY = parseFloat(dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleY.textboxScaleY.text);

var isClockWise = (dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationDirection.rotDir.selection.toString() == 'CLOCKWISE') ? true : false;

var strategyToLeft = (dlg.copyPnl.grpDirWhere.textboxDirWhere.selection.toString() == 'Horizontal') ? true : false;

var strategyXToLeft = (dlg.copyPnl.grpXDir.textboxDirX.selection.toString() == 'Left') ? true : false;

var strategyYUpwards = (dlg.copyPnl.grpXDir.textboxDirY.selection.toString() == 'Up') ? true : false;

var incPadding = (dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementFilter.textboxIncrementFilter.text == '0') ? 0 : parseInt(dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementFilter.textboxIncrementFilter.text);

var appendPad = dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementAppend.textboxIncrementAppend.text;

var prepPad = dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementPrepend.textboxIncrementPrepend.text;

if(itemResizeX != 100 || itemResizeY != 100) {

item.resize(itemResizeX, itemResizeY, undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, eval('Transformation.' + dlg.copyPnl.grpScaleHow.textboxScaleHow.selection.toString()));

}

var itemStartLeft = item.position[0];

var itemStartTop = item.position[1];

var copiesX = parseInt(dlg.copyPnl.grpCopiesX.textboxCopiesX.text);

var copiesY = parseInt(dlg.copyPnl.grpCopiesY.textboxCopiesY.text);

var rotate = parseInt(dlg.copyPnl.grpRotation.textboxRotate.text);

var rotateEvery = parseInt(dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationEvery.textboxRotateEvery.text);

var offsetX = new UnitValue(parseInt(dlg.copyPnl.grpOffsetX.textboxOffsetX.text), unitOfChoice);

var offsetY = new UnitValue(parseInt(dlg.copyPnl.grpOffsetY.textboxOffsetY.text), unitOfChoice);

var incFrom = parseInt(dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementFrom.textboxIncrementFrom.text);

var incStep = parseInt(dlg.incPnl.grpIncrementStep.textboxIncrementStep.text);

var loop = 0;

var rotCount = 0;

var lastRotAmm = 0;

for(var j=0;j<copiesY;j++) {

for(var i=0;i<copiesX;i++) {

if(i==0 && j==0) { loop++; IncHelper.update(item, incFrom, 0, 0, prepPad, appendPad, incPadding); continue; }

var theNewItem = item.duplicate(doc,ElementPlacement.PLACEATBEGINNING);

var transX = (strategyToLeft) ? i * item.width + offsetX.as("pt") * i : j * item.width + offsetX.as("pt") * j;

var transY = (strategyToLeft) ? -(j * item.height + offsetY.as("pt") * j) : -(i * item.height + offsetY.as("pt") * i);

transX = (!strategyXToLeft) ? transX : -transX;

transY = (!strategyYUpwards ) ? transY : -transY;

theNewItem.translate(transX, transY);

if(rotateEvery > 0) {

if((loop + 1) % rotateEvery == 0) {

var rotAmm = (lastRotAmm + rotate > 360) ? lastRotAmm + rotate - 360 : lastRotAmm + rotate;

theNewItem.rotate(((isClockWise) ? -rotAmm : rotAmm), undefined, undefined, undefined, undefined, eval('Transformation.' + dlg.copyPnl.grpRotationOrigin.rotOrigin.selection.toString()));

lastRotAmm = rotAmm;

rotCount++;

}

}

IncHelper.update(theNewItem, incFrom, incStep, loop, prepPad, appendPad, incPadding);

loop++;

}

}

}

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another Step & Repeat script can be found here:

I require script for multiups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines