Exit

How to set the JavaHelp viewer

Mentor ,
Feb 21, 2008 Feb 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Robohelp 7, Windows XP, installed with the TCS

How do you point RoboHelp to a different JavaHelp viewer instance after it has been set initially? I was first using JavaHelp 1, but then installed JavaHelp 2, and I want to switch between the two for viewing, as I compile for the different versions. The only way I found to do it was to change the path to the active viewer which causes RoboHelp to lose it and to ask you again where it is.

And by the way, I looked in the help for this and I got some whacked out non-scrollable window that seemed to search the Adobe website, rather than provide help. Am I doing something wrong? It didn't look like a help system at all.

Thanks,
Russ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Russ and welcome to our community

Fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter Grainge has info on JavaHelp that may help. Not sure about switching viewers.

For the help, click Tools * Options * General tab and choose the “Use offline help” option. Then close and restart RoboHelp to see the offline version of the help. It should be better.

Here is the link to Peter's site: Click here to visit Peter's site.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rick, great link, very informative. It doesn't answer the original question, but I appreciate you passing it along.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp