Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

digital editions problems

May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After experiencing numerous problems and various error messages I have some recommendations. NUMBER ONE. before trying to authorize the newest Digital Editions on a windows 7 computer, go to the Adobe website and create an Adobe account! THEN authorize the computer to that account ID. If you authorize the computer WITHOUT the Adobe account, they actually say the you can"t connect from there to a portable device. In my recent experience I couldn't even properly use Digital Editions by itself on the computer. Now if you are reading this because you authorized without an EXISTING account and are having trouble the fix using information from Adobe help notes is to do this. FIRST create an Adobe account at their site. THEN

uninstall Digital Editions and use regedit to remove data from the programs information under   HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Adobe. Not just digital editions but something called Adept need to be deleted. After I did that I reinstalled Digital editions and was able to authorize using my existing Adobe ID and password. I then downloaded a new book from the library and it worked. I think the problem maybe trying to originally authorize without an existing Adobe ID and password. If you do that then it seems you CAN'T go back and reauthorize with an ID unless you erase everything.

This fix will likely work on other versions of windows as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. I don't know how to get rid of my first existing Adobe Acct.  When I try to authorize theNook  it says I cannot use my existing acct.  I have Windows 10 (don't know if that is fortunate or unfortunate)  I am going to copy your instructions because I have this giant screen and by the time I read the words on the right I have forgotten the left.  (heh heh-yeah I decreased window size --but I'm a bit confused because I already had an existing acct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had acct, deleted adept key, reinstalled. Now I get an adept error. Have tried this numerous times. Nothing works. No help from Adobe. Looking for another program. 😠

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines