• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Cs6 on OS x El Capitan

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to El Capitan and I found that i could not even start up my InDesign CS6. My illustrator and other app are working fine. Just InDesign. I have already installed the java for this latest os. I am rushing my deadline. HELP!!!!!! What is wrong with my InDesign?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why in the world would you do an O/S upgrade in the middle of big project?

There’s not even any official word from Adobe on what is an isn’t supported.

My only suggestion is to try to trash your prefs. If that doesn’t work, uninstall, run the cleaner tool and then reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my experience, El Capitan does not work well with Photoshop or Acrobat, either. And I hear other people are having problems with Illustrator. I reverted back to Yosemite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, CS6 does run on El Capitan. While I'm a CC 2015 user, I have CS6 still installed on my computers. It launches fine and seems to work on the computer I've upgraded to El Capitan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is InDesign CS6 running, but what I hear are a lot of problems others have with Photoshop, even with CC2015. Another problem what I have too is, that my scanner driver are not working and that is the reason I will revert to Yosemite. (I updated only one computer test wise.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem with InDesign CC16 on El Capitan. I turned OFF the automatically hide menu bar (located in the system prefs > general, it's a check box) and now InDesign opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off auto-hide menu bar seems to work!  WTF . . . God knows why but thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto hide stopped InDesign CS6 working for me too, thanks for the help people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CS6 was working perfectly on my Mac until just now. The only difference between today and yesterday is that I installed the Flashplayer update this afternoon. Auto hide was never on, but I turned it on and then off again after reading this post. Nada. I must Force-Quit Indesign and this is awful because I have a project due tomorrow evening! Any ideas anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

El Capitan seems to be nothing short of a crapshoot and CS6 will never see an update for it. If I were using CS6 on a mission critical machine I wouldn't have even considered moving to El Capitan.

Lots of problems reported: ‘El Crapitan:’ The biggest problems plaguing early upgraders

If the suggestions offered here and in other threads don't work, I'd hit the backup (you do have a backup, right?) and restore your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finished the project, thank goodness, and I do have a backup. That'll probably come in handy because this morning I updated El Capitan to 10.11.1 and now InD CS6 won't open at all. Yesterday it would open if I pressed the Shift+Control+Option+Command keys immediately after starting it. Will try bergeracb's suggestion of installing the old java before going to the back up. Don't say it...

"(Us) Fools never learn."  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That worked for me:) Cheers! John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. I was doing a clean installation of Indesign (and everything else) and when it got to the Indesign part of the installation, the progress bar would stop progressing indefinitely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Think you should download old java (2015-001 for OS X). Instal it then try again open. But still it cause some problems. (My indesign CS6 working slowly now )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was panicking so much as i have a project due in a couple days and couldn't get indesign to work but turning off the automatically hide said bar option has fixed it..phew...at least for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

T‌he InDesign CC2015.2 upgrade is said to deal with the El Capitan hide/show menu issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but like many people I will never succumb to Adobe bullying and subscribe to CC. Happy with CS6 until these stuffups

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody's forcing you to, but you and those that don't see the value in CC need to be aware that at some point it simply won't work at all. Keep an older machine around and make sure you keep it well maintained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My issue was InDesign's fonts became problematic. All of my other CS6 applications worked fine. Here's the fix I found: hope it will work for you: Java SE 6 El Capitan - CS6 Not working on El Capitan - YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines