• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 10: WebHelp Blank Page in Microsoft Edge

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently tested our WebHelp output with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. Unfortunately it was not possible to open the help files (neither with pressing F1 nor with opening the help output directly). With IE10, IE11 and Firefox it is possible to open the help files. Searching the discussions in the forum I only found one explaining a problem with the TOC pane that disappears after using the search function. Do you have any suggestions how the problem can be solved?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the change to the whver.js file suggested in https://forums.adobe.com/message/7906968#7906968 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff: Yes, I changed the whver.js file as suggested. I did this in the programm files folder and regenerated all child projects as well as the master projects.

After that it was not possible to view the help. Not in IE, Firefox and Edge.

Before I did the change I  tried to open one single htm page out of the master project in Edge - the result was that the text was there but the layout and pictures where missing. Furthermore I was not able to open dropdowns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to change the Mark of the Web (MOTW) in all html/xml files if your WebHelp will be installed locally.

Before

<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->

After

<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keita,

thanks for your information.

I changed the tag in one htm file as suggested and the good news is that it worked. Unfortunately the same problem occurs as described in your thread (after using the search function the TOC pane disappears). How did you solve this problem? By adjusting the whver.js file? In addition I cannot do this change in hundreds of htm files - is there any chance to change the Mark of the Web globally in the master project?

Best regards, Sabine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabine&Keita, you did this change and it works? Why not with my project?

I changed 1 HTML file (3rd line as you described). But this page does not open context sensitively. (as it does with IE).

I tried it with 3 different pages. The online pages are keeping blank.

We are working with MapIds and a map file. Do you work with filenames as mapping?

@ Sabine: If this workaround works, yould should implement it as additional script that runs for every new online help version and all

html files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Unfortunately, I have no knowledge of the context sensitive help.

Sorry.

Keita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annette,

I don't use the context sensitive help.

Sorry, but I can't help you.

Regards, Sabine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did some more tests and find my way.

Finally it is just, what you suggested to do. I changed all "Save from URL" marks as requested for the general project files,

not for the content html files. Don't know if this is what you intend to do, but it works. (First I changed index.htm. That was enough

to open the project, the other files were necessary to start context sensitive within the application.)

Only a short note: We have another type of webhelp project that works (no blank pages). So, it seems to be originally a setup problem of the layout generation. The toc problem occurs on all webhelp projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabine,

Sounds good.

Yes, I solved the TOC disappearance issue by making a conditional branch in whver.js file as I suggested in my thread (Re: Does your WebHelp work well in Microsoft Edge?).

You can change the MOTW in thousands of files at once if you use a GREP tool. There are many free grep tools on the Internet.

Regards,

Keita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keita,

I did some more tests this morning.

Changed the "Save from URL" in all htm files of the project. Opening the help in Firefox and in IE was fine after that.

In Edge I receive the following notification: "Exception: reply for which no request exist". After pressing "OK" the help file opens. The search function works but the TOC problem is still there. Therefore I changed the whver.js as described in your thread but this doesn't work for me. After that it was not possible to view the help. Not in IE, Firefox and Edge. So this doesn't solve my problem. Are you also working with RoboHelp 10.0.1.292?

Regards,

Sabine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabine,

Yes, same as your version.

I also mentioned the JavaScript exception alert in my thread. Please refer to #12.

BTW, did you change the MOTW in all .htm, .html and .xml files? I did and it worked well.

Regards,

Keita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keita,

unfortunately I am not an expert in using RoboHelp. Just to make sure I understand everything correctly.

In short you did the following changes:

• change of MOTW in all htm, html and xml files as described in #2
  • add additional lines in whver.js (in the programm files folder)
  • delete lines 156-158 in whstub.js (in the programm files folder)
  • regenerate the master as well as the child projects

By the way, do you know if Edge works in the new RoboHelp 2015?

Thanks,

Sabine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sabine,

You seem to understand my actions correctly. Sorry, but I'm not good at English.

> change of MOTW in all htm, html and xml files as described in #2

--> Yes, I did. All htm, html and xml files in the generated WebHelp.

> add additional lines in whver.js (in the programm files folder)

> delete lines 156-158 in whstub.js (in the programm files folder)

--> Yes.

Supplementally, I did on the generated WebHelp. I replaced JS files in the generated WebHelp root folder with the modified ones.

It would be OK even if you replace files in the program files folder and then generate help.

> regenerate the master as well as the child projects

--> Sorry, I don't know what the master and child are.

> By the way, do you know if Edge works in the new RoboHelp 2015?

--> Not yet. Adobe will support MS Edge at next update of RH2015. I heard it from Adobe directly.

Regards,

Keita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keita,

today I tested once again.

changed the whver.js, whstub and Mark of the Web.

The good news is that it works after I corrected a little mistakte in the whver.js:

before:

if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf ("Edge /")! = -1)

{

gbIE = true;

gbIE4 = true;

gbIE5 = true;

gbIE55 = true;

gbIE10 = true;

}

after:

if(navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Edge/") != -1)

{

gbIE = true;

gbIE4 = true;

gbIE5 = true;

gbIE55 = true;

gbIE10 = true;

}

I deleted the empty space between indexOf and ("Edge") as well as ("Edge and /").

The bad news is that the TOC pane sometimes is empty and sometimes not. The search function works. Resizing the window doesn't change anything - the TOC pane is still empty.

Do you have any suggestions how this problem can be solved?

Thanks & best regards,

Sabine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

> The bad news is that the TOC pane sometimes is empty and sometimes not.

When and how often did it happen? Please be a little more specific.

(I don't know whether I can help you, even if I know it specifically..)

Keita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Keita,

it seems to happen randomly. We have no idea why it sometimes works and why not...

In the meantime we recommend our customers to use IE or Firefox.

Thanks for trying to help,

Sabine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all!

We are working with TCS 5 (incl. RH 11), Win8

@Sabine, you are not the only one with these problems!

We have both problems with publishing webhelp projects for Win10-Edge (1. TOC disappear, 2. blank page for conntect sensitive project).

A third problem occurs when you want to open PDF-links in the same window of the Edge browser: no panel that displays pdf bookmarks and the Edge search function does not work.

@Jeff: Are there bug reports, which I can join? What Adobe update can solve my problems?

Regards, Annette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp