• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash installer stops half way through. How do I get it to finish the job?

Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrated! Repeated attempts to install FlashPlayer on my MacBookPro running OS 10.10.5  and Safari 9.0 have failed. 

The Installer begins but stops just after the 50% point.

How do I make it work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi smurfyme,

I'd like to get a few log files from you to troubleshoot further.  Please see the FAQ https://forums.adobe.com/thread/985831 and provide the 4 files mentioned in the FAQ (install.log, FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, Adobe_ADM.log, and Adobe_GDE.log).  Please read through the FAQ first before doing anything.  For the Adobe_ADM.log file, please follow the instructions to create the adm.trace file to enable verbose logging before running the installer.

After obtaining all 4 files, upload them using the instructions posted at https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1408375‌ and post the URL to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your eagerness to aid me, but what you ask of me is way beyond my capacity to accomplish! I’m just a retiree trying to watch some TV on my laptop. Why is this so difficult?

I have used various Macs over the years, but never had such frustration attempting to install a basic program. I am not a happy camper.

Susan Murphy

<removed personal contact info>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI smurfyme,

I removed your personal contact info.  We highly recommend not including any of that on these public forums.

I'm sorry you're having such difficulty installing Flash Player.  Please try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines