• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio works in preview, but not when i render the video out! :( [ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS CC 2015]

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I'm pretty new to Adobe After Effects CC 2015. I have a video thats around 1 minute, everything works as it should when i preview it. But when i render it out, with right settings, The sound won't render out.

So basically i can hear all the sounds when i preview it, but when i render it out i can't here any sound at all. I have tried having the sound on Auto, and On. But nothing works.

gg.png

And yes, some of the mp4 files i use for audio aswell, but the mp3 audio file won't play either. Would love some help! I had this problem for some days now!

TOPICS
Audio , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

We have a fix for this in the After Effects CC 2015 (13.6) update:

http://adobe.ly/1MVxHgX

Try it out and let us know how it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed the latest update? Also, what are your output settings? Make sure audio is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the audio is an mp3 file.  Apparently AE STILL does not play nicely with compressed audio.  In a different application, convert the mp3 to wav or aiff, then import into AE and use it instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format are you exporting to?

We have identified a new bug in the After Effects CC 2015 (13.5.1) bug-fix update: exporting to audio-only formats WAV, AIFF, and MP3 create a silent audio file.

We intend to fix this in a future update. Until then, you can work around this problem by exporting to audio-only formats via Adobe Media Encoder. Choose Composition > Add To Adobe Media Encoder Queue. Or you can open your project file in After Effects CC 2014 (13.2) and export the audio file from the Render Queue in that version.

Apologies about the bug. If you are using a different format or having a different experience, please let me know so we can add the information to the investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm exporting to a video file, AVI. No sound at all renders, only the video. I have every setting right, audio on. Must be some kind of bug or I'm just stupid Thanks for the answers though, but none worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorren amaz wrote:

I'm exporting to a video file, AVI. No sound at all renders, only the video. I have every setting right, audio on. Must be some kind of bug or I'm just stupid Thanks for the answers though, but none worked

Thanks, Jorrena. I verified that exporting to AVI also has this problem.

This is definitely a bug, and we are investigating. You can work around the bug by using the methods I mentioned in my last post: send the composition to Adobe Media Encoder, or open the project in After Effects CC 2014 (13.2), where the bug does not happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason you can't render to a QuickTime format? Does get around the bug?

QuickTime with the PNG codec is lossless (and supports alpha channels). QuickTime with the Photo-JPEG codec is visually lossless at higher values and has pretty reasonable file sizes too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when can we expect adobe to fix it ? I think it is a big problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are still evaluating this bug, as it was only introduced this week, however I tentatively expect a fix in our next update, currently scheduled for this fall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue... tried rendering to Quicktime and got the same results - "silent" video. Thought we were doing something wrong as well. Glad its not us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PowerTrain wrote:

We have the same issue... tried rendering to Quicktime and got the same results - "silent" video. Thought we were doing something wrong as well. Glad its not us.

Can you provide more data about your results? In my tests, audio exports with QuickTime as expected in After Effects CC 2015 (13.5.1) on both Mac and Windows. Other formats, as I've mentioned above, do not.

Specifically, please tell me:

- What specific version of After Effects you are using.

- What operating system and version you are using.

- If Windows, what version of QuickTime you have installed.

- What video and audio codec you have selected in the Output Module settings.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded AE to 13.5.1 version and I am also being affected by this.

It doesn't really matter if i have uncompressed or compressed audio on timeline. No audio output any other fileformat except QT h264. When using MediaEncoder, other formats works also.

This is kind of big bug (dammit Adobe, why you always screw things?). Adobes QT output module is 32 bit running over some  IP-based layer, causing QT32 Server hang constantly. Again, using ME is great for some situations, but ME doesn't support Proxies nor does it support CUDA acceleration on 3D-layers. This alone can cause 30min render to become 8 hour render.

Normally on larger projects I use AE to output MXF IP1a Class 100, and then use ME to convert large HQ file to smaller delivery ready file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ETA on a fix?

How does something like this make it into release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9story wrote:

ETA on a fix?

This bug is fixed in the next update to After Effects CC 2015, which will be released later this year.

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2015/09/whats-new-and-changed-in-the-upcoming-update-to-after-ef...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be more problems with exporting out of AE. Not only was I having the audio issue. my aspect ratios were being ignored completely. Luckily exporting through Media Encoder fixed both, but damn that means the AE render function is completely broken. I'm on 13.5.1.48 hopefully this will all work again with the update. Is there an eta on when that will be released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is October 6, 2015 and I still get no audio when exporting to AVI..., can I assume that this is still an open issue and 'later this year' has not arrived yet? ;o)

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pjc-Photo wrote:

can I assume that this is still an open issue and 'later this year' has not arrived yet? ;o)

Yes.

In the past, updates have come out in late autumn, so, if the past is any indication...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Also having similar audio problems...I am running Adobe After Effects CC 13.5.1.48

I am attempting to export my main sequence which contains 1 .mov file and 7 precomps. Each precomp contains a separate audio track. The sequence is 1hr 10min in length.

No matter what combination of presets and codecs I use, the first 10minutes of the 1hr 10min sequence loop a random sound bite or are silent.

If I export individual tracks from within those 7 precomps the audio and video plays back fine - the problem only exists when attempting to exporting the whole sequence.

All of the audio that exists in the precomps is 44.1khz 24bit / Stereo, except for 1 file which is 32bit, but that audio is exporting without any issues...

My main sequence is set at the "HDTV 1080 24" preset.

---

When I export my main sequence which contains what I described above, any of the 3 following outcomes/errors occur:

1) A single 1/2 second or so sound byte of somewhere random in this 1hr sequence will loop nonstop for the first 10 minutes of the exported video. Then after the looping 1/2 second sound byte stops magically looping around 10minutes, the audio continues on fine for the duration of the 1hr sequence. Even stranger, when I reset the work area in/out handles to different areas the 1/2 second sound byte is different - i.e. it is not the same sound repeating on every export...BUT it always magically fixes itself at the 10minute and 1 second mark.....

2) No audio exports no matter the length or duration of the in/out points

3) Similar to #1 - There is silence for the first 10minutes of the 1hr sequence then at about 10minutes in, the audio magically comes back in and plays fine for the duration of the 1hr sequence.

---

Here is what I have tried as a work around...

• Exported the entire sequence from AE to PP and exported from PP instead of AME - YES audio works - but graphics and precomps do not translate well to PP as I am using different plugins in AE that are not available in PP

• Using AME I tried the following codecs with and without video

AAC audio

WAV audio

Quicktime .mov

• Exported audio only using "Add to render queue" instead of AME - no audio

---

I have a feeling this may be a AE coding and Mac Pro "built in audio card" dilemma so I am going to attempt to use an old external Firewire 800 audio card once I get an adapter to plug it into Thunderbolt since the new mac pro did away with Firewire....

Any help or suggestions or updates would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

-----

My computer specs are...

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC

AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the project file in AE CC 2014 to render. Two benefits to that.

One, you get audio.

Two, you can use multiprocessing (if your computer can handle it and if your project would benefit from it).

If you don't have CC 2014 anymore, never fear!

How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Szalam -Never knew you could download older versions on thew new CC app.  I will give that a try!

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio is missing when rendering to MXF OP1a format. This is a format I render to daily and I put the issue down to upgrade to 13.5.1, as it has worked perfectly previous to this version. Using Media Encoder to the same format works fine, as does Quicktime rendering with in AE. I hope Adobe can get a quick fix out for this as I can no longer use my standard workflows in my business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue... i have tried evrything since changing the audio file to MP3 still doens t work. We would like a step by step way to do it in adobe media enconder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I think you would be more happy if you just find a AEP 13.5 and do not use 13.5.1

13.5 works.

13.5.1 do not work with sound.

if you have a project fil stored in 13.5.1 You can still open it in 13.5  (it is convertible)

you can also wait. Adobe say : expect a fix in our next update, currently scheduled for this fall.

(and that is good. it not autumn next year)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've found a related bug in 13.5 and 13.5.1.

Exporting a comp to QT ProRes Proxy with the audio output set to mono results in a silent audio track in the .mov, switching to stereo renders correctly. The input audio is mono and for optimisation reasons (this is going into a game) I want to end up with a mono .OGV, the encoder I'm using doesn't do stereo to mono conversion and I don't want to have to find another encoder just for this reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading through all these posts I have to say that I think NOT having to wait 25 seconds for frames to cache in order to able to hear audio is fully worth the audio being being completely broken in so many other areas.    Like Mama always used to say: "If it ain't broke, break it".

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines