• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCORM Cloud Preview

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm receiving a 404 error when trying to Preview in Scorm Cloud, any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tam4426,

Can you please tell where are you facing this error?

1. after the course has been uploaded and LMS Preview window is launched.

2. before the course has been uploaded.

Can you please retry LMS Preview again? There might be a chance if SCORM server is down.

Thanks

Tarun Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting no good results from SCORM Cloud Preview.

This is what I see:

LMSSCORMCloudPreview.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a minute or two the size of the black window changes to be the size of the project, which indicates something IS happening at the SCORM Cloud end.

But then nothing else happens.  This is just a three slide project with one intro slide, a True/False quiz question, and a Quiz Result slide at the end.  So the size of the project shouldn't be an issue, and there are no other objects in the project that should cause issues.

It just doesn't seem to play the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving the same black screen as Rod above, except my screen indicates a 404 error, page not found.  I looked in the code files for the software and I can see the page is there.  However, when I try to launch the page, it indicates not found again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving the error in my course development when I click on the SCORM Cloud button.  It should launch the window giving the cloud information, however, I'm receiving the black screen only with 404 error.

I am running Windows 8 if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod and tam4426,

Can you please answer following questions :

1. Rod and tam4426 : Which Project you are using, Responsive or Blank Project ? (If Blank Project, can you please tell what is project resolution ?)

2. Rod : Are you using Windows 8 ?

3. Rod : Did you faced 404 error at-least once ?

4‌. tam4426 - Can you please send the screenshot of your error also ?

Also , Please Try Clearing Preferences from utils folder of Captivate.

To do that :

1. Ensure that Adobe Captivate isn't running

2. Reset Captivate's Preferences

> navigate to the folder where Captivate in installed on your computer.

Note : On Windows, the default location is typically C:/Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 9 (32 bit or 64 bit).

On Macintosh, the default location is typically Adobe > Adobe Captivate 9

> Open the utils folder

You'll find two files of particular interest withing the utils folder  CleanPreferencesMac and CleanPreferencesWin.bat

> Double-click the file appropriate for your OS

Thanks

Tarun Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried with both Normal projects and Responsive that were created from scratch in Cp9 as well as projects created in earlier versions.  They all do the same thing.

The Blank and Responsive projects had resolution of the standard 1024 x 627.  The project from an earlier version was 995 x 627.

I am using Windows 7.

Cleaning Preferences as mentioned above via the utils folder CleanPreferencesWin.bat file does not fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RodWard,

I think you are facing this issue because of windows username having spaces.

Can you please tell me your windows system username ?

If you have spaces in your username.

Please try this :

2. Please unzip this folder : Shared Files - Acrobat.com

3. Rename CivetWeb.exe as CivetWebOld.exe from the location : C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Captivate 9/SWF_Components/ws/ (32 bit or 64 bit)

4. Copy the new CivetWeb.exe to the same location.

5. Launch Captivate and try LMS Preview.

Also Please try to wait for some time when Error : 404 Page is displayed and let me know if LMS Preview window opens.

Thanks

Tarun Jain

Captivate Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I implemented the replacement of the CivetWeb.exe file, and while doing so DID resolve another issue I was having with Preview in Edge Inspect throwing a 404 error, it hasn't done anything to help my issue with Preview in SCORM Cloud.  I still get a small black screen open, then after about a minute it changes to a larger black screen matching the dimensions of my project...and that's all.  It doesn't show me any content.

The project is a Cp9 Responsive project with just three slides, one of which is a True/False question.  A Quiz Results slide at the end. Very simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RodWard,

Can we have a connect meeting so that we can investigate the issue?

Please send a mail to tarjain@adobe.com.

Thanks

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replacing the CivetWeb.exe solved the problem I was having of getting 404 errors trying to Preview as HTML5 in a browser. Yes, my Windows log in name has spaces (as mandated by enterprise IT.) <Insert tirade about making end-users  have to work hard to get Adobe products to work properly here.>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DouglasDHS - how /with what did you replace the CivetWeb.exe file ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The steps that worked to allow me to Preview as HTML5 in browser in Captivate 8 and 9 were provided in this thread. To repeat:

2. Please unzip this folder : Shared Files - Acrobat.com

3. Rename CivetWeb.exe as CivetWebOld.exe from the location : C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Captivate 9/SWF_Components/ws/ (32 bit or 64 bit)

4. Copy the new CivetWeb.exe to the same location.

5. Launch Captivate and try LMS Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately did not fix the issue.

RodWard  - did you ever get this to work ?

tarunjain - is there a fix for this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  It still doesn't work.  The last conversation I had with Adobe about it seemed to suggest the issue could be related to using Hardward Acceleration in the Video Drivers of my system.  But for some reason I cannot determine, I am unable to change this setting on my own system. It's greyed out.  So until I figure out what is going on there, I can't confirm whether or not that is now the issue.

All I get at the moment when I try to use SCORM Cloud Preview is a black screen in a small window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RodWard,

Meanwhile you can try turning off hardware acceleration in your system and try opening the LMS Preview.

Steps to turn off hardware acceleration in windows:

• Open Control Panel
  • Select "Display"
  • Click on "Change Display Settings"
  • Click on "Advanced Settings"
  • Select "Troubleshoot"
  • Click "Change Settings"
  • Set Hardware Acceleration to "None"

If settings in your system does not match above steps, please follow the below webpage.

http://www.wikihow.com/Turn-off-Hardware-Acceleration

Please restart your system after doing the above steps, launch captivate and verify if LMS Preview works fine.

Thanks

Tarun Jain

Captivate Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That option is disabled on my computer (I have full Admin rights) but I managed to find a place in the graphics driver settings that allows it to be disabled.

I reopened Captivate and tried again, but it made no difference.

I actually got this option to work ONCE when Captivate 9 was first installed.  My gut feeling is that this has something to do with a file or link being blocked.'

Perhaps you can tell me how this Preview in SCORM Cloud actually works?  Does the preview take place on my own PC, or are the files uploaded all the way to SCORM Cloud's servers so that the evaluation can take place there?

If the latter, perhaps the link to SCORM Cloud is being blocked by my virus checker or some proxy.  What URL would I need to allow so that it could get through successfully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try and use SCORM Cloud, a pop up window appears advising "This service is no longer available.  To know more click here"  When you click on the link, it redirects you to Rapid eLearning | Adobe Captivate Blog

Why is the service no longer available ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cognition66

Please try opening the following link in browser :

http://www.adobe.com/go/rustici_service_check

Do you see 'Not Found' page or something else?

Thanks

Tarun Jain

Adobe Captivate Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see:

RusticiNotFound.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

I see same as Rod - Page Not Found

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cognition66,

Can we have a connect meeting so that we can investigate the issue?

Please send a mail to tarjain@adobe.com.

Thanks

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CivetWeb.exe response above resolved my issue.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this will help anyone but I've spent about 2 hours fretting about this. When i previewing in the LMS and Scorm Cloud I kept receiving a 404 error... turns out i just need to remove an apostrophe from the exported file name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources