• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to initiate download to install/update Flash Player.

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently running Win 7 HP SP1 v 6.1.7601, Internet Explorer v 11.0.9600.18015, DX 11, OpenGL v 6.1.7600.16385 and Java v 1.8.0_60. Adobe Flash Object v 18.0.0.232 shows as installed and enabled in IE's tools/manage add-ons but is not detected at https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ when I check for updates. At Support/Flash Player Help/Installation problems/Flash Player/Windows in step 1 when I "Check Now" Flash Player is not detected but I'm using the Flash Player Settings Manager to check for updates. I've tried numerous times to update to Flash Player v 19.0.0.185 at https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ (opting out of Google Chrome & Google Toolbar) but when I click the "Install Now" button I'm directed to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/download/?installer=FP_19_for_Internet_Explorer_-_ActiveX&os=Windo... 7&browser_type=MSIE&browser_dist=OEM&dualoffer=true&chromedefault=false&d=Google_Toolbar_7.5&d=Google_Chrome_44.0_IE_Browser where it says it's "Initializing" for several seconds but the download never initiates. The "Need Help" and "Click Here"  links if you encounter any issues downloading Adobe Flash Player are useless since all they do is activate an overlay describing what to do once the download initiates. I also tried using the link on the Shockwave website.

I've tried everything I can think of. Please help.

Gaalin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Hi,

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad you were able to get it installed.  Still curious as to why the EXE file is not downloading.  Have you checked your security settings, or perhaps anti-virus/firewall settings?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gaalin,

Please ensure ActiveX Filtering is disabled in IE: How to Turn "ActiveX Filtering" On or Off in IE9, IE10, and IE11

For installing 19.0.0.185, please try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ActiveX Filtering is off but download (from still having problems section) still isn't initiating. (no activeX errors)

Still stumped,

Gaalin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Are you having problems downloading files from other sites as well?  How did you try to download it?  Double-click?  Right-click 'Save as'?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried left clicking the link and using "save as" on the link. Windows Update, Steam and my protections software (currently turned off) all update flawlessley.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved, I saved install_flash_player_ax.exe on a mobile device and transfered it to my network drive. I had no problem retrieving it from there and it installed fine. I surfed back to the update page and Adobe detects it as Flash Player version 19,0,0,185.

Lifes good again. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Gaalin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad you were able to get it installed.  Still curious as to why the EXE file is not downloading.  Have you checked your security settings, or perhaps anti-virus/firewall settings?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines