• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ARVATO SOFTWARE contains virus and installed with flash player

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got may confirmed number and downloaded adobe flesh player online, but the Arvato software was downloaded with adobe. After i installed the flesh player, my mac shows that the arvato software contains virus. I tried my best to delete the application, but the Arvato software cannot be move to trash!!! What should I do now?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

As a general rule, please always download software directly from the manufacturer's website (e.g. don't trust pop-ups).

For Flash Player, you can download the latest Flash Player here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yuwenw3358382,

What URL did you use to download Flash Player from?  Arvato Software is not one of the offerings on the official Flash Player download page.

Also, not sure what you mean by 'confirmed number'.  What is that?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used google chrome to download the file since I could not open the adobe website by safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My URL is installed in mac, and I didn't download any new URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The confirm number is redemption number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download the file from adobe.com?  What is the name of the file that you downloaded?

Unfortunately, it sounds like you downloaded a malicious installer file, that was not downloaded from adobe.com as our installers do not include anything Arvato Software.  If you provide the requested information I can confirm.  Also, if you have the URL from where you downloaded the file (check your browser history) I can forward the URL to our fraud department to follow-up on.  This is an issue Adobe takes very seriously and does go after malicious user who post malicious Flash Player installers on the web.

Unfortunately I do not have information on how to remove this software from your system.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to check download history?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THE ARVATO SOFTWARE WAS DOWNLOADED WHEN I REGISTERED THE ADOBE ACCOUNT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To check history:

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 3.44.04 PM.jpeg

What Adobe account you referring to?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 18.48.12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is definitely not an Adobe product as we don't use red.protexis.net, and the Flash Player installers are correctly signed, so you wouldn't get the security preference message you're seeing. If you could get the entire URL (from history) I'll forward it to the fraud department.  Unfortunately, they do require the entire URL to proceed.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 19.02.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 19.33.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 19.45.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the URLScreen Shot 2015-10-07 at 19.53.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 19.53.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a general rule, please always download software directly from the manufacturer's website (e.g. don't trust pop-ups).

For Flash Player, you can download the latest Flash Player here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have the installer file saved on your system?  If so, what is the name of the file?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It called download. zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 18.33.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the screenshot.  That is not an official Flash Player installer.  Completely different color and branding, and file name is not anything related to official Flash Player installer.  Unfortunately, it does appear you downloaded a malicious installer. If you do have the website address from where you downloaded this file from please send it to me via private message.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines