• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I reset the layout in Premiere Pro?

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of nowhere, when I open a project or create a new project in premire pro I can not see what I am doing.  The windows are all off screen somwhere. When I start up the program -the menus appear in strange, off-center positions on my screen-this has never happened before. Please help!

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset Corrupted Preferences = Press/HOLD Ctrl+Alt+Shift while starting program

-and setting http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1058426?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John T Smith! I will keep this for reference should that problem arise again.   Your suggestion most likely would have worked, however I reinstalled and evernything did go back to normal.  I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else, but when I had the problem, if I clicked "reset workspace", changed preferences, etc....anything I did wouldnt bring up the workspace screens.  I have not used external display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frank, check out this page which discusses Premiere Pro workspaces in detail: Use and customize workspaces in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem just now. For no reason whatsoever, the graphics panel just completely turns up blank. Restarting and resetting didn't help. I'm going through all the possible windows one by one but the sequence itself is just not showing up so I can't work on any graphics. I did not make any changes, no added external monitors or changes to the workspace, no significant changes to any files involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sirje: Does resetting the layout (Window > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout) fix your blank Graphics panel problem? If not, what about following the steps I outline in this thread (scroll down to find my 6/30/17 post): How do I reset Premiere Pro CC windows to default settings ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this tip and it completely reset my project file eventho I saved it and it was autosaved regularly, is there any way to reset this step?

Reset Corrupted Preferences = Press/HOLD Ctrl+Alt+Shift while starting program

-and setting http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1058426?tstart=0

1 person found this helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you open one of the autosaved project files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This didnt work for me to realign the workspace... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively, you might just be able to go to the "Windows" menu and hit "Reset Current Workspace".

By chance, have you connected or disconnected an external monitor lately?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH MY GOD!! so easy... just been figuring out the last hour how to do just this! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you're not aware, you can move your windows around the screen, resize them, and in general configure the screen to suit your working style then save this arrangement (in CS5 - Window>Workspace>New Workspace - give it a name, ok). You recall this arrangeent by going back to the Window>Workspace and select it, or choose one of the defaults. Or, open the little Workspace window (top upper right of main screen) and pick an arrangement.

Of course, you can create several custom workspaces to suit your specific task on hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this problem by changing my screen resolution settings to low resolution (big horsey icons and everything), which brought back the window, then I changed it back to the normal (non-horsey) resolution and it was fixed.  I hope this works for you guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines