Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie: Adding motion to "animated image" man

Feb 22, 2008 Feb 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying out Captivate on a trial. I downloaded animated man figure. How would I go about actually animating him by adding motion? For example, how would I get the man to walk from one side to the middle and turn face forward?
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janet

Where did you download the animated man figure from?

I ask, because there is nothing inside Captivate that allows for creating animations like that. But what you are describing sounds an awful lot like Media Semantics Character Builder. If that is what you have, I believe you animate the character prior to inserting it into Captivate.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is where I got it! So you animate it in Flash or Photoshop Extended?

Also, My humblest (sp?) apologies for dittoing all over this page!!! Guess I don't have the hang of this Macromedia-based forum. I tried to delete my dups and thought I had so made another entry with added question. But now find they were not removed at all. Where is the embarrassment icon when ya need it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

You animate the character within the Character Builder application that you download from Media Semantics. So you use their application to create the animation, then create that as a Flash. Then you drop the result into Captivate.

Don't know much more than that, as I don't use the product. I'm only aware of it and how it works.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2008 Feb 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know a whole lot! That helps me understand the workflow of the animation.

Tna nks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That seems to have cleared up the air for a lot of us, I do have the same problem, well at least not the animated man and i certainly do not want him to walk from the side to side, anyway thanks a lot rick!
sarcara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources