• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

search item not focused

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2008 Feb 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to RH7, a selected search item does not gain focus. In other words, the user cannot distinguish the item he selected from the rest.
Is this an upgrade issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi panchaamee

I'm confused by your post. Here's why. Only RoboHelp 7 offers up the ability to highlight searched terms. We even get to set the color. You mention a loss of ability after upgrading? This would seem to imply that you had implemented some form of a custom solution prior?

Please provide more information.

Thanks... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2008 Feb 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am rephrasing my problem :*)

This is what I do:
Type a phrase in Search/Index box
A list of items appear on the left-hand panel
Click on one item
The item on the list is NOT grayed.

(The topic appears alright on the right-hand panel and the keyword highlight appears fine)

I am having another problem - with hotspots!
In one, the topic appears "blank" in the edit-mode, but preview shows all the text with the hotspots (there are multiple).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Panchamee is talking about the topic being highlighted in the TOC.

I haven't got access to an earlier version to check it was working there.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another point:

Search results stay on the screen. Click one to see the topic, but is is it highlighted in the search list?

Yes, but sometimes the highlight doesn't persist.

And if so, click the same one again and the shading toggles off.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 25, 2008 Feb 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Panchamee,

I'm seeing the same, except the gray highlight sometimes flashes on, then off. I hadn't noticed this before reading your post.

By the way,

You are more likely to get a useful response to your second question if you post it alone as a separate message with its own title and subtitle.

Please be more specific about how you created the topic and what you mean by "blank," compared with before.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp