• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error check activation in a multiuser environment with computer authorized without ID

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible to open .acsm files with adobe digital editions in a multiuser environment with computer authorized without ID ??

Each time I'm trying it with another user account (than local administrator) on public computer (i'm working in a university library), I got Error check activation ??

You understand that in that kind of public environement, we can't configure Digital Edition with Adobe ID...

Also, I'm not sure, but I don't seem to have that kind of problem with .epub files...

Thanks a lot !

André

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To open .acsm files are need a Adobe ID. Without Adobe ID it not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nanaky,

It's not totally true... because if I erase authorization (computer authorized without ID) and re-authorized it again (always computer authorized without ID), I'm able to open .acsm files...

The problem is I cannot tell every user to do that each time they want to just read .acsm files...

In conclusion, it is a software limitation and we can't change it in a public environment? Digital Editions is for home users or single user only ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I'm wondering if any other institutional users have installed ADE in a multiuser environment and just how this works.

We are in a university environment with multiple users sharing stations being authenticated via Active Directory, each getting their own local profile on a PC.

any info will be appreciated.

regards

GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines