• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing CHM files

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2008 Feb 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inherited a user manual, originally in the form of a monolithic MS Word document from which PDFs could be created in any number of ways - and an outsourced RH *.chm help file.

We have moved to the Tech Comm Suite (patched.to latest level).

I have successfully converted the manual to a FM book, the PDF's are fine and I can even generate an RH file - of sorts.

To get the RH formating to be as before I tried to open/import/... the old CHM file - without success, despite the existence of instructions how to do it in the RH Help - do a search on "Decompile". The so-called HTML studio doesn't exist in the TCS version of RH.

(There are third party decompilers, but they are less than satisfactory since there is no obvious way to use their output with RH.)

What now?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2008 Feb 24, 2008
BTW. HTML Studio is still there. Go to View | Pods and select Toolbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

There's a topic on my site about reverse engineering a CHM.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW. HTML Studio is still there. Go to View | Pods and select Toolbox.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

1. I found the HTML Studio. Adobe needs to update the RH 7 help file.
2. RH version - TCS standard offering, 7.01

By the way, I did a bit more poking around this morning and came up with this: http://www.keyworks.net/. It supplies a decompiler including an hhp file that worked for me.

Cheers,

DAF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Using Keyworks is covered in the topic on reverse engineering.

You might find it useful to turn off the online help and use the local version. It works better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi all

As my friend and colleague Peter stated, the offline help works better. So why my post? It's to advise that you may need to close and restart RoboHelp in order to see a change in the help you get from RoboHelp. At least, on my PC I have to. Maybe others will be different. But I thought I'd mention it in case you decide to try it and didn't see anything change.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp