• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text not appearing in Premiere Pro

Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a slideshow in Premiere Clip and added a couple of text slides. The Project Settings are all checked - ie fade in, out, crossfade, motion. The text is visible as expected when I have saved to Camera Roll.

I then used Edit in Premiere Pro, and opened the project in Premiere Pro. However, while its timeline shows text clips where expected, there is no text in them and the movie previews with the background colour during those periods. Double clicking the text clip takes me into a text editor but the text isn't present (eg it's not black text on a black background).

Any ideas?

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Hi John,

Your post led us to discover a bug in the interchange with Premiere Pro. Namely, if the title text contains a "special character" (e.g., ampersand), then Premiere fails to import the whole title. To determine whether this accounts for the problem you encountered, please post the exact text of a title that shows up without text in Premiere Pro.

Also, exactly which versions of Clip and PPro are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Your post led us to discover a bug in the interchange with Premiere Pro. Namely, if the title text contains a "special character" (e.g., ampersand), then Premiere fails to import the whole title. To determine whether this accounts for the problem you encountered, please post the exact text of a title that shows up without text in Premiere Pro.

Also, exactly which versions of Clip and PPro are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark

Probably confirming your special character theory, my Clip titles contained a comma, an apostrophe, and a carriage return. This is one example.

Birdoswald Roman Fort,

Hadrian's Wall

September MMXV

By a process of elimination, it looks like the apostrophe is causing the problem. When I removed all 3 special characters from a title in Clip, that title's text made it into PremierePro (although the text wasn't wrapped to fit the movie dimensions). The carriage return or comma do not appear to cause the problem - I can add them back into Clip's title and PremierePro reads the text. But if only the apostrophe is present in an individual title in Clip, that title's text fails to be read by PremierePro.

PremierePro is 2015.0.2 on Windows 7/64, Clip is 2.0.0 on an iPhone 6 iOS 9, and the Clip project consists solely of still images which I am sending from Lightroom Mobile 2.0 via its "Create a Video in Clip" command.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent. We're relieved to know that your case is in line with what we isolated yesterday. In the interest of thoroughness, these are the characters that can cause this problem:

• &
  • '
  • "
  • <
  • >

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Though I already entered a bug report through our internal system, I encourage you to do the same through the public channel: Feature Request/Bug Report Form. Such reports from our customers help the product teams decide on the priorities for bug fixes. In this case, the bug should be set against Premiere Pro because the problem is on the import side, not with how Clip writes the XML.

Glad to hear you're using the brand new Lightroom-to-Clip workflow. When we implement these bridges between apps, we never know how many customers are going to discover them much less use them. Any feedback you have is welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark Mapes wrote:

Glad to hear you're using the brand new Lightroom-to-Clip workflow. When we implement these bridges between apps, we never know how many customers are going to discover them much less use them. Any feedback you have is welcome!

Yes, I thought mentioning that Lightroom-to-Clip workflow would help you guys know your efforts are appreciated!

As for feedback, I'm approaching Clip as a photographer with relatively little knowledge of video editing:

• Share should include Save to Lightroom Mobile so the video gets back into my Lightroom catalogue (does it even need to go via Camera Roll?)
  • Cross-fade should be the default
  • I shouldn't need to go into the Freeform Editor to set cross fade, fade to black etc
  • Share with PremierePro is a vitally-important feature for the more confident or advanced folk coming from outside video editing. You'll never implement everything in Clip, but PremierePro offers these more capable users the extra "headroom" they can grow into.
  • Why 1280x720 output? I think you also need to offer 1920x1080. My photos in Lightroom Mobile are 2048 pixel, and I was forced to PremierePro partly because I wanted 1920 output
  • Portrait format images are being cropped top and bottom
  • Make the Photo Motion more "aggressive" - ie a landscape format should zoom out so that it reaches the frame's edges
  • Do collections of videos in LrM open correctly in Clip via the Lightroom-to-Clip method? I need to test this, but it didn't seem to work properly.

I'll probably come up with more, but feel free to PM me if you want more detail.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input, John. Some of your points are outside my comfort zone, so I'll let others who are more familiar with things like Lightroom interoperability step in. But I can shed some light on at least two points:

Because auto-mode projects are all about syncing cuts to the soundtrack, we found that dissolves greatly reduce the impact of the timing because they take time, whereas cuts are instantaneous. That said, I'll enter a feature request to add an app preference to use dissolves in the auto mode.

Note that if you convert an auto project to freeform and then enable cross-dissolves, the timing of all the cuts will be affected because these transitions are currently implemented such that the transition time basically comes out of the trimmed duration, so the whole project gets shorter. I'm hoping we change that so that enabling dissolves does not affect clip duration.

As to portrait images getting cropped, the expected behavior is that all images get scaled to fit in the longer dimension (relative to the image aspect ratio, not in absolute terms), leaving black bars in the other dimension. So images should not get cropped (except by virtue of the zooming from Photo Motion). I verified this behavior just now.

Are you by any chance observing this cropping after previewing an auto-mode project and then stopping playback? If so, then you are may have hit a bug where the sequence didn't reset to the very first frame after stopping playback. (But upon playing the sequence again, it would first jump back to the very beginning.) We're working on a fix for that issue.

Edited to add: If you're experiencing cropping in an entirely different scenario, then we'll want to learn more--and maybe troubleshoot it with you by phone and screenshare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thought, Mike. How can one set all clips to have the same duration? That would often be as simple as the duration of the music divided by the number of clips?

I'll take a closer look at the cropping issue and report back, but I was picking it up from reviewing the final exported movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi i have on problem similar,pratically on timeline the text show normally,but afther the rendering the text show on another part of video . This video is screen record  of my desktop at 60 frame rate at  1366x768 and on premiere the sequence is on 60 fps at 1920x1080 and the codec output is H264 with render max quality and maximum depth. Where i wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines