Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email template as baggage files in Robohelp15

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded from Robohelp 6.0 to Robohelp 15. I've generated and published my project to Roboserver9 (new server for my project) but the email templates that I have as baggage files don't work when published. They look fine when I view the in Robohelp project manager, via a hyperlink in a topic.

Is there something I need to do when publishing?

Ian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hmmm, as long as they are present in baggage, I would expect them to survive the trip to RoboHelp Server. I suppose if I were in your shoes, I'd begin by testing to ensure that the "template" file(s) is/are ending up on the server.

How do these files exist? What exactly is an "Email template" file in your world? Is it an HTML file? A Microsoft Word document? A PDF?

Assuming all is well, how exactly do they work?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your respond.

The baggage files are loaded to the server but they are not opening correctly. In Robohelp 6 it open them as an email message in Outlook format, so all the user had to do was complete and press send.

Their files extensions are .oft, when opened they create an email with the To and Subject fields completed and the email message contains a list of things the sender needs to complete before sending e.g. Customer's referenced number

I've just tried with a .msg type email files but that didn't work either. 

The message and all the info appears in the topic screen but is surrounded by this sort of thing "����/D��U�z�<�{����Y���� ����V���)�9�Z[��4^n��� �5���!J�� �?��Q�3�eBo�C� � �� M � ���m<�.�vp �� ���IY�f���Z�Y_p�[�=al-�Y�}Nc �������4vfa��vl����'S ���A�8�|�*u��{��-���0%M0�7%��� �<��� ������ "

I have some mailto link which work but obviously I loose the prefixed message content doing that.

Do I need to do something in the Server setting?

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again

I do believe you will find that something needs to be adjusted on the server side, yes. Now where I'm unsure is whether it's something in the MIME types, or perhaps file association or something like that. I'd be surprised to discover that the actual RoboHelp Server component would offer any settings that govern that behavior, but then again, that's not my forte. Perhaps Showmethedemo (John Daigle) will see this thread and respond.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp