• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can not preview/publish the course. Presenter said that "Could not load XML file". Any ideas?

Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

First of all, I can not use English very well, so you could have hard to understand what I talking about.

I am using Presenter 10 now. Today I added short MP4 video on the slide and clicked the Preview, but it did not work.

And I could only see the below pop-up box.

er1.JPG

So I deleted the video. After that preview worked.

I also tried with another computer, and preview and publishing was working at that time. That means that my computer or my presenter is the problem.

In this case, how can I find the problem and how can I fix it? (I know nothing about XML tings.)

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Oh, I am using;

Windows 7 64bit

MS office 2013

Presenter 10.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is caused by the latest Flash Player 19.0.0.185 update.

There is already an issue in Flash player issue tracker.

Bug#4062206 - Flash content cannot be embedded within Microsoft PowerPoint

I recommend you to vote for that issue to make Adobe Flash player team fix it ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue is known to us.

We are investigating the problem.We will provide the fix shortly.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How soon is shortly? I have clients that want to know how long my project deliverables will be delayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an update on when this will be fixed? This is a huge problem, not being able to publish files with embedded SWFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys from iSpring Solutions have managed to develop a tool that fixes presentations with broken Flash objects

http://www.ispringsolutions.com/blog/how-to-restore-a-powerpoint-file-corrupted-by-flash/

God bless iSpring

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue.  However, I do not know if Adobe has fixed the problem yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add your voice to the bug report linked in a earlier post. The more poeple  that report the issue the more priority it will recieve from Adobe. I hope that it will be resolved in the next update to Flash...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and it's a huge problem as we need to get this course published ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Beta version of Flash (19,0,0,209) and it seems to have fixed the problem. Of course the Beta version seems buggy, as it crashes my browser, but at least I can publish my files. You can download the Beta version here: Download Adobe Flash Player 19 Beta for Desktops - Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was having the same error along with occasionally an error that the file needed "repair".  Was using Presenter 9 with PowerPoint 2013 64-bit.  Then saw where Presenter 9 is not compatible with 64-bit so I uninstalled PowerPoint 64-bit and installed the 32-bit. Same problem. Read the earlier post about Flash Player beta. Installed it and still not working right.  I am working in Windows 10.

Upgrade you say?

Tried that and still had problems. PLUS, I am teaching a Presenter 9 class.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hil,

The issue of publishing the project is fixed now.

To fix the issue, just update the Flash ActiveX to the version 19.0.0.207 and you will be able to publish again.

To update the Flash ActiveX go to this link from Internet Explorer : Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

To recover the old projects which got corrupted you can go through this article and recover all your old projects : https://helpx.adobe.com/presenter/kb/projects-in-presenter-get-corrupted.html

Thanks,

Soumo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The issue of publishing the project is fixed now.

To fix the issue, just update the Flash ActiveX to the version 19.0.0.207 and you will be able to publish again.

To update the Flash ActiveX go to this link from Internet Explorer : Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

To recover the old projects which got corrupted you can go through this article and recover all your old projects : https://helpx.adobe.com/presenter/kb/projects-in-presenter-get-corrupted.html

Thanks,

Soumo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much I waited for it, because cant publish some my courses that contains swfs from captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources