• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboServer Upgrade

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2008 Feb 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're currently using RoboServer 6 and RoboHelp 6, and wanting to upgrade to RoboServer 7. If we only upgrade the Server portion to 7, is that still going to work well with RoboHelp 6?
Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2008 Feb 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi V Jordan.
Yes you can publish RH6 content on RH 7 Server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2008 Feb 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to find out if there is any reason to get RH7 Server. I have RHX5 server and I'd like to find out if there are any new features in RH7 Server. The X5 Server has another valuable feature: I own it already and don't have to spend another $2000 to buy a new copy. I don't use Vista (but nobody else does, either), so Vista compatibility isn't an issue. Are there $2000 of new Server features in RH7, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2008 Feb 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife and I went out last weekend to look at buying a new car but couldn't agree because we both had a different set of requirements. Trying to answer your question is just as difficult because I don't know what your requirements are. There have been many improvements in RH 7 Server mainly in the ease of installation and setting up of the server permissions. Is this worth $200? Only you, or the person who signs the purchase order, can say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 01, 2008 Mar 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, John.
The upgrade price from your existing RoboEngine is $1,000 not $2,000. The two main improvements in this particular version of RoboHelp Server 7 are a *much* easier installation and support for Unicode languages and FlashHelp, which was not available in previous versions. The other issue worth noting is that the authoring "client" and the "server" must be in synch. So you would need to RH 7 client to publish to RH 7 Server. You would not be able to publish to the RH Server 7 from RH X5 client.

So as Colum said, you'd have to make that judgement based on your needs and circumstances.
Thanx
john
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2008 Mar 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,
In your last post you said,
"The other issue worth noting is that the authoring "client" and the "server" must be in synch. So you would need to RH 7 client to publish to RH 7 Server. You would not be able to publish to the RH Server 7 from RH X5 client. "

Would this apply to publishing to RH Server 7 from RH 6 client as well? Just wanted to clarify.
Thanks,
Veronica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Veronica.

Hopefully John won't mind the intrusion but I asked the same query from the RoboHelp Product Manager awhile ago and the horses mouth says....

"You need RoboHelp Server 7 for hosting any content that has been created in Adobe RoboHelp 7. There is because in RH7 all the HTML pages are Unicode encoded (UTF-8) so you need RH Server 7 to understand the HTML output. However RoboHelp Server 7 can host projects created in RoboHelp 6 and RoboHelp X5."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Great. Thanx for the clarification, Colum!
John
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp