• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC curves bug with Wacom Intuos Pro

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LRCC and a Wacom Intuos Pro on my i7 Macbook Pro.

I can't smoothly move the curves in the Tone Curve module using my pen and tablet.  If I use my trackpad it works just fine.  I had this issue with LR5 and had to roll back my driver on my Wacom to 2 versions older to fix it.  Now that I've upgraded to LRCC, the problem is back. I've tried the newest drivers and the older ones as well. I can't seem to get them to move smoothly.  In fact, sometimes if I just click a point on the curve and hold the pen steady, it will start creeping to the right and up... even without moving it.

Anyone else having this problem, and have you fixed it?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

I've revisited this and I think I see what you are referring to. It is somewhat subtle what is happening, but let me explain my findings and see if you are experiencing the same.

While moving a point on the tone curve around with my Wacom stylus, sometimes the point will refuse to move or move somewhat erratically. What I discovered is that my cursor and the point are not moving together. This is especially true when moving upward or to the right. Downward and to the left have a lesser effect. T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried different Wacom drivers as well and had the same problem when OS X 10.10 were launched. With LR CC the same issues are back.

However it just might be some sort of bad coding on Adobes part; as the HSL-adjustment sliders now behave as supposed to, after installing their first newly released bugfix 6.0.1 for LR CC (6). An odd thing is that general lagging and that unresponsive feeling increases when using scrubby sliders (marked in green below) as opposed to using the regular slider handle (marked in red).

Mark that there is no slowdown or unresponsiveness using the regular Apple Magic Mouse.

Let's hope for a quick fix! Running Mac OS X 10.10.3, Wacom Tablet driver 6.3.11-3 touch turned OFF ... all available related updates are installed. LR CC RAW cache set to 5 Gb and GPU-acceleration turned OFF.

Bests,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 7 64 bit, LR CC, and Intuos 5 M with USB cable connection I have no issues.

If you are using a wireless connection you may want to try a USB cable connection and see if the issue goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to say trshaner‌, that I've always connected my tablets using USB without any hubs ... no improvement to be made there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the default Wacom Tablet Preferences.

Backup your current settings and then select 'All User Preferences' > 'Remove.' Give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Well, I've done that each time I tried to roll back to a previous tablet driver ... no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well what do you know ... this might just be a combination of buggy coding on both Adobe's and Wacom's parts.

One of the problem areas in LR CC or 6.0.1 is as said curves adjustments ... erratic behaviour and unresponsive pen action from using the Pro M tablet made me roll back various drivers, each time clearing the preferences etc. Until I found out that using the latest 6.3.11-3 driver and turning Touch input ON it actually is as instant and smooth action as you'd wish for, if you pick an adjustment point and then two-finger-click-drag.

Furthermore the general laggy and unresponsive feeling of sliders, and in particular using scrubby sliders, is gone if you choose to use touch input. Place the cursor over the desired slider or value and two-finger-click-drag or respectively three-finger-drag.

Even scrolling in grid view using touch input works as well! We just can't use the pens for now in Adobe LR CC.

Please note that in general I've been very satisfied with Wacom tablets and their performance for more than seven years. This is somewhat of a hickup that has been intruduced since OS X Yosemite in combination with newer Adobe applications. None the less it is utterly important to solve these bugs as it makes work frustrating.

Best,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that Camera Raw 9.0 is not affected by these issues on my Mac, even though they have the same motor and tools as LR CC / 6.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom with LR CC is just about unusable on my very high powered new Win 8.1 machine. The erratic sliders are a nightmare, unresponsive in the extreme. With the exposure slider for example, if I slide a touch to the right, there is a lag, then a sudden flash of totally over exposed as if the slider was pushed all the way to the right. The same happens sliding left just a touch, there is a lag, then a sudden flash of totally under exposed as if the slider was pushed all the way to the left. There is no pen pressure response. With the Brush tool in Gradient and Radial filter, the lag response is several seconds. Useless.

So the only way to get through large projects without a meltdown from myself or a client, I'm staying with the perfectly functional LR 5.7 until this debacle is sorted out. Adobe & Wacom...are you talking to each other?

-pw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue since I moved to LR CC. It also seens slower in general. It's such a shame since curves plays a big deal in develop module and now is useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exact problem with CC but not in lightroom 5.7 version. It is just horrible! I think it's bigger problem and I am going to ask my money back if sliders don't work properly and smoothly. I am mad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Paul Wright so well put it; Adobe & Wacom … are you talking to each other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update from Adobe taking LR to version CC 2015.1 didn't change a thing for me running OS X 10.10 as specified above, i.e. the issue persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me. So, probably the next update will take a while, what to do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I do not know what to do.It is impossible to work ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count me in as well. I reported this 3-4 weeks ago and got a reply that is should be fix in the next release, but can't find the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this is an issue that needs to be resolved, ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

this issue is plaguing Lightroom since possibly the beginning and with previous OSX versions as well. I have limited experience of Windows but it could be there too. My "UX reverse engineering" guess is that Adobe is tricking with the mouse acceleration input data when moving histogram, scrubbing values and curves slowing it down to allow a smoother positioning for mouse users - good idea - but forgets to disable this smoothing for tablet users who don't need that. I don't think it's a Wacom driver issue because it simply passes true XY coordinates to the OS. Guess we will need a "tablet mode" switch in LR preferences.

Meanwhile, the only workaround I could think about is to configure one of the pen buttons on Wacom control panel for Lightroom App with "toggle mode", which is a quick way to switch from pen to mouse mode. This way you can use tablet mode most of the time, but if you need smoother curves adjustments you can get near the cursors, click on the pen button and enjoy a short session of "mouse mode" until you've finished adjusting them, then switch to pen again. It's not a real solution but it helps.

Sorry for the Italian screenshot, but you get the idea:

Schermata_2015-07-03_alle_10.15.53.png

My 0.2 cents, waiting for Adobe statements.....

(I'm a Wacom Evangelist in Europe and will be investigating on this issue with Wacom folks.. will keep you posted)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seemed to be the only workaround that worked for me.  I'm on the latest of everything and my curves are still not functional unless I switch to "mouse mode" using the toggle switch on my Wacom Pen. 

The "use windows ink" might work fine for any Windows operating system, but the Mac does not have that option.

Also, for me this has never been an issue with the sliders.  Those have always worked as they should.  For me it has always been if I am moving a point or adding and moving a point on the tone curve.  That is the only place this issue shows for me.  It works perfectly in ACR, as well as Photoshop CC2015. It is only a Lightroom and Wacom bug for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new Mac for use at home including a new Eizo screen. Since upgrading the issues persists so this has nothing to do with hardware performance since I was moving from a so-so Mac to a great machine. And yes; it's a clean install of both Adobe CC 2015 including LR and Wacom driver 6.3.11-3.

Good tip by the way thelazydesigner‌! ... I've been in contact with Wacom Sweden as well and they're clueless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe released Lightroom CC 2015.1.1 and new Wacom driver 6.3.13w3. In hopes of a remedy I thrashed Lightroom .plist preference files (keeping a backup) under my user account and did a fresh install of Wacom driver keeping nothing from previous version. Did that do any change? ... NO!

I'm getting seriously tired of this prolonged bug and it still affects; grabbing slider values and dragging (scrubbing ie. white balance), setting and dragging adjustment points on a histogram, HSL picker tool and generally all sliders when scrubbing. As said before it needs a good push to activate any change, moving the pen fast and quite a bit of travel, then it jumps and moves alot. Thereafter it is somewhat smooth until you release the pen. Using mouse or tablet touch is as perfect as before, but I want to use the pen all the time. I belive that thelazydesigner‌ is right about that this has something to do about Adobe programming a mouse slow down using LR to increase usability for accelerated mouses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I finally submitted a bug report at; Lightroom CC curves bug with Wacom Intous Pro | Photoshop Family Customer Community. I encourage you too add your own experience there as well so this gets sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here as noted above. Scrubbing values in LR CC with my Intuos 4 M pen is erratic. I've reverted back to Wacom driver 6.3.8-2, which works, but is somewhat unstable on my Mac. I just called EU Wacom support and they said to stick with the old driver. Nice company response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, on a Bamboo tablet on Mac OS 10.10.5. Can't believe that this issue exists for that long already. Everyone should be reporting this at the official bug ticket (https://c.getsatisfaction.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-cc-curves-bug-with-wacom-intous-pro) as Henke mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines