• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

report builder 10 I have a query with an inner join...error join expression not supported! In a query the report builder cannot do a join?

Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey in the query builder of report builder 10 I got an error on:

FROM  tblFacility INNER JOIN tblStateProvince ON tblFacility.OIDStateProvince = tblStateProvince

what is java.swl.SQLException: [Macromedia][SequeLinkJDBC Driver][ODBC Socket][Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Join expression not supported.

Why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

The Report Builder will automatically join tables only if you have  defined a relationship between them in your database.

In Report Builder, you can easily create a join by dragging a field from one table onto the related field in the other table. It couldn't be simpler.

Cheers

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't provide the field from tblStateProvince to join on.

Cheers

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I didn't find was the auto join when I double clicked two tables in to the 'builder'! From the tutorial 'creating a simple report...in CF v.9' I worked through the instructions before I tried the app for 'real'! But through the query builder I got the query to work, though without seeing the 'equal' sign I ain't sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Report Builder will automatically join tables only if you have  defined a relationship between them in your database.

In Report Builder, you can easily create a join by dragging a field from one table onto the related field in the other table. It couldn't be simpler.

Cheers

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eddie the prime programmer on this app told me that just 20 mins ago!

That's a big Dah on me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation