• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

“Network connectivity was lost. Please wait while the meeting tries to reconnect.”

Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was recently running a webinar with my company when Adobe Connect froze and a message box appeared, stating, “Network connectivity was lost. Please wait while the meeting tries to reconnect.”

I know that the problem was not our network because myself and other people in my office were able to continue using the Internet. I tried to re-enter the webinar room again from two different computers, but I could not get back into the webinar.

So I clicked Help > Troubleshooting and took the Adobe Connect Diagnostic Test. I passed. Every criteria was checked off successfully.

Now I can reconnect with Adobe Connect, but I hope the same situation does not happen again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts? Thanks.

P.S. I have attached a screen shot of the Adobe Webinar screen when it froze and another screen shot of the Adobe Connect Diagnostic Test results.

Webinar Screen Shot.jpg

Passed Test.jpg

TOPICS
Meetings , Training

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Sorry to hear you had trouble! You left out a lot of detail but I can tell you "network connectivity" is a problem on your end, NOT with Adobe Connect. Your coworkers may be able to still get online but your network had connection issues with Connect.

Do you have a firewall?

Were you hard wired or wireless?

If you were leading the webinar you should be hard wired, in addition to the latest Flash Player and Adobe Connect add-in. Please tell me if you were hard wired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon, Ms. Sally Cox.

Yes, we have a firewall. And we were hard wired during the webinar. I was the webinar leader. I am using Adobe Connect 9. I have flash player version 18,0,0,232 installed

What other details would you like to know? Do you have any helpful thoughts and ideas?

Thanks,

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, we have been using Adobe Connect for several years now. This is the first time it has happened. The webinar had already been running for 10 minutes when it froze and the message popped up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did everyone in the room get that message? If so, then it may have been a server that failed or stopped working. Are you using a hosted account or do you have your own Connect server(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone in the room got that message (Network connectivity was lost. Please wait while the meeting tries to reconnect.). We are using a hosted account. We do not have our own Connect servers. Anymore thoughts and ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you in Connect during a period of maintenance? There is a bit going on now, and you can check the status of the hosted Connect environment at the bottom of the page here, http://status.adobe.com/. You can also check to see if there was something happening during the time of that meeting that could have caused interruption.

You can also reach out to Adobe Support at 800-945-9120 at any time if you are having issues or you can contact support here, Adobe Connect Help | Adobe Connect Support. You may want to reach out to support to see if they can identify if there were any issues with your server cluster at that time.

If all is working and a server goes down there should be a 10-15 second delay before a back up server picks up the live meeting in the hosted environment. Since you had a longer period of down time, I would expect that you may have been working during a maintenance window and the system was offline temporarily as they updated Connect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I‌f everyone got that message, that's a different story. Would not have been your internet connection in that case. I agree – could have been an outage with Adobe servers. Doesn't happen often but it's has happened to me. Hope you have no more issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I had exactly the same problem: the moment I clicked "Desktop sharing" the dialog box informed me of Lost connectivity and after 5 seconds the whole connect desktop turned gray and reset itself.

I was unable to share my desktop!

As it turned out the problem was... that I already had a prior Connect window that was minimized and I was unaware of - did not even know that it was possible!

Once I closed it the Connect returned to normal operation.

Best regards,

-- joão

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Similar problem here, but not affecting everyone.  Student was attending a class, tries to connect to the class, and for a second can access the course.  Then gets the Network Connectivity error, and the Attendees and Chat pods blank out.  Any files shared through the Share pod display, audio works, but the student cannot see the shared screen.

Firewall is in place, didn't work. 

Test Solution:  opened the ports for any application, any port to the student's IP address to the website, and the error went away.  But, not safe. 

The client narrowed down the applications needed: 

Enable access to Adobe websites.  Initially it was just *.adobeconnect.com, but adobe.com was added. 

adobe meeting

adobe meeting remote control

After that, it worked.  What's odd is the applications were not marked as "blocked" in the firewall, they just were not allowed to work.  Hopefully that will give someone else guidance as they navigate this issue. 

Special thanks to Brian for working this out for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines