• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

slide does not transition when expected

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2008 Feb 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I searched this forum, but found nothing relevant.

I have a slide that is set to run for 4.1 seconds (exact length of my audio file) and has an audio track attached to the slide itself. The sound is not looped, and is not more than 4.1 seconds long. I have added an animated gif, which was automatically changed to an avi upon import. I have tried importing this gif as swf, but the situation does not change. The animation wizard that I used to create the gif claims that its run-time is 4.15 seconds, so if there was an overlap, it should not be more than .05 seconds.

I have also placed a static gif image on the slide, and a transparent caption with text. All additional elements are set to run until end of slide.

Here's what happens. When I publish or preview the project, the audio stops where it should, but the slide continues to be shown for nearly 19 seconds. This is a very consistent time. I am viewing the output locally on my hard drive, and have also tried publishing it to a test web-server, with no difference.

Any help would be massively appreciated.
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2008 Feb 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Problem solved. It was the avi file being placed on the slide. Even though it was configured to end with the slide, because it was created from a gif image that was configured to loop continuously, it forced the slide to remain open. I opened the original gif and saved it as a run-once avi, and then imported it into the slide over the old looping gif-turned-avi, and now my page transitions work exactly as they should.

I find it peculiar (read: annoying) that this program allowed the animation to override the timing of the slide, in spite of all settings to the opposite effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources