Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible? Printed output with "Track Changes" indicated

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All:

I have long ago given up single sourcing from FM into RH and am now generating my guide directly from RH.  I've started tinkering with the track changes, which is fairly handy in that it does not spray the content with formatting change indicators.  However, I can't seem to get the printed output to have the changed text look differently than the normal text. I *can* if I use ctrl-P and print to PDF within a topic or if I use the Review menu's Create PDF for Review. Then the changed text has the color/pattern to indicate that something is different.   I would rather *not* use the Review menu option since I need to tinker with it in Word first.  I can export it to Word from the PDF, but all the styling is garbled. 

Has anyone found a way to get the track changes style to appear in Word output? ie: single source printed output with Track Changes indicated? PeterGrainge

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've submitted a feature request along those lines. You could submit your own request and/or vote on mine. (Assuming voting works - I haven't tried it myself yet)

Feature#4039979 - Ability to track changes and generate/export to output

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like a good idea to add my request to yours, since their existing features are a good part of the way to solve your request. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp