• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker import to Robohelp?

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2008 Feb 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently evaluating R7 with the trial version. I can't purchase it till I know it works well with my Framemaker source file. Ideally I would like to import the file and retain the links within the source file. I have links to topics internally and links to outside urls, will this all be lost if I import to robohelp? I have completed projects from Robohelp for Framemaker, but the output files don't seem to be compatible with what can be imported to R7 (i.e. webhelp and .chm). Should I forget R7 and go with madcap flare? Any advice you may provide is greatly appreciated.
Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2008 Feb 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill

If you want to work with both FM and RH, I would think you should be evaluating the Technical Communication Suite. If nobody responds in a reasonable time with answers to your specific questions, post again and make sure you start with "Peter".

I'll see if I can find someone to pick it up.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2008 Feb 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,
Thank you for your reply. I was under the impression that RoboHelp for HTML was simply part of the Technical Communication Suite. If I were to purchase the Suite, wouldn't I be encountering the same problems and have the same questions because the authoring program is the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2008 Feb 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry for the delay. For some reason I stopped getting email notifications.

There are some differences which is what allows the versions in the TCS to communicate with each other in a way the standalones do not.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp