• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 preset location on OS X?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2015 Oct 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hard drive died and I had it replaced. I was wondering where the Lightroom 5 presets were located on Mac OS X? I use an online backup service, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that by some small miracle that it would have backed up my Lightroom 5 presets.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi peterlikesfriedrice

Greetings!!

• Open Lightroom
  • Go to Preferences>>Presets>> Click "Show Lightroom Presets Folder"

Image result for show lightroom presets folder

Presets locations by default:- /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/[preset]/[presetfilename.lrtemplate]

Copy the Presets Folder to your backup location

.Also  it is good practice to take  Catalog backup.See Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom 5  For Default locations

Regards

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peterlikesfriedrice

Greetings!!

• Open Lightroom
  • Go to Preferences>>Presets>> Click "Show Lightroom Presets Folder"

Image result for show lightroom presets folder

Presets locations by default:- /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/[preset]/[presetfilename.lrtemplate]

Copy the Presets Folder to your backup location

.Also  it is good practice to take  Catalog backup.See Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom 5  For Default locations

Regards

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. I found it on my online backup software. I've downloaded it but I don't know how to add it back to lightroom. I've tried copying and pasting it to the same location but it doesn't work. Please see attached screen grab. On the bottom left finder window, it shows the path of my current lightroom. On the right top finder window, it shows the downloaded lightroom preset from my online back up. I've copied it to where I think it should go, I then relaunch lightroom and I don't see anything change.

Screen Shot 2015-10-18 at 12.13.32 AM.png

I then go and create a test folder with test presents in lightroom to try and find it on my hard drive.

Screen Shot 2015-10-18 at 12.18.17 AM.png

But I had no luck finding neither the folder nor the preset with OS X's Spotlight search.

Screen Shot 2015-10-18 at 12.17.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-18 at 12.17.48 AM.png

Right now I'm on Lightroom 5.7.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh nevermind, I worked it out. I can just drag and drop the presets that I downloaded from my online backup on to the Lightroom Application Icon on my dock, and then it will install it into Lightroom. However I still can not work out where these plugins are. Are they in a hidden folder somewhere? I must be doing something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind again, I went back to your first message on how to find the Lightroom present folder through the preferences menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update!

You got it already.May be I am too late

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They might be stored with your Catalog

Check under navigate to the location where your catalog in located

A Folder Lightroom Settings also stores all presets stored witt the catalog

As per the Screenshot you sent .External editors can be found (see Picture)

112200.PNG

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines