• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install flashplayer as it says i have it when I don't?

Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

On websites with videos I can't watch them as it says you don't have Flash player and I need to download adobe flash player. The main one I use is Twitch.tv. I click this link to download it, But this says I have already got flash player and to try the troubleshooting method for Windows 10. This does not work at all. When ever I try to download it it goes to this troubleshooting page instead of the download page and says it is working. But it is quite obviously not. I am running windows 10 64 bit.

I hope you can help.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

First, confirm that ActiveX Filtering is configured to allow Flash content:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Internet Explorer 11 (and Edge) introduce a number of changes both to how the browser identifies itself to remote web servers, and to how it processes JavaScript intended to target behaviors specific to Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, this means that content on some sites will be broken until the content provider changes their site to conform to the new development approach required

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it keep tell me to down lod it aghin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my comp said it up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you call me at [phone number removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What web browser are we talking about in Windows 10 would be extremely helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet explorer, But the problem still proceed for some websites whilst using Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, confirm that ActiveX Filtering is configured to allow Flash content:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Internet Explorer 11 (and Edge) introduce a number of changes both to how the browser identifies itself to remote web servers, and to how it processes JavaScript intended to target behaviors specific to Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, this means that content on some sites will be broken until the content provider changes their site to conform to the new development approach required by modern versions of IE.

You can try to work around these issues by using Compatibility View:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

If that is too inconvenient, using Google Chrome may be a preferable alternative.

If you have a discrete set of links that work in some browsers, but not IE/Edge, links would be useful for determining whether it's a content issue, flash issue or IE/Edge issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok thank you very much for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines