• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What if I don't have the recommended configuration

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash works very badly on my laptop, jerky, stopping and starting.

My configuration is: Windows 7, Pentium 2.2 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, 64-bit OS. I don't know much about computers, but from what i have read it seems that Flash Player requires a larger processor. Is there anything I can do about this, apart from being forced to buy a new processor (no idea what that means)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi at74893171,

You're processor (2.2 Ghz) is only marginally lower than the recommended (2.33 Ghz).  I suspect Flash Player will function fine on your system.  If anything you may experience performance issues, depending on what you are viewing/playing.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I had read that the minimum requirement was a 4 g processor, I spent so much time hunting around that I can't find it now, so glad to hear that it is nearer my configuration. I have done everything that I have read, disabled hardware acceleration, cleaned up temp files, etc etc - even replaced my router! All to no avail, sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here's the link to the tech specs: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html

For windows:

• 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel® Atomâ„¢ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
  • 32- and 64-bit (unless noted): Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit), Windows Vista® (32-bit), Windows 7, Windows 8.x and Windows 10
  • Internet Explorer 8.0 or later, latest versions of Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox., Google Chrome and Opera
  • 512MB of RAM (1GB of RAM recommended for netbooks); 128MB of graphics memory

You have sufficient RAM, and as mentioned before, the processor is only marginally less than the supported spec.  What exactly is the behaviour you are observing as your original post did not allude to any playback/performance issues.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If performance is bad, especially when looking at 3D games or video, it's most likely that we're not able to use the dedicated graphics hardware on your system to assist with those tasks. 

I'd start by making sure you have the latest available drivers for your video hardware installed. 

Please work through the video troubleshooting guide.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

If you're still stuck, please follow the directions in the guide on providing the dxdiag report and additional information about what you tested and saw.

Anything else that you could provide from this list would also be helpful:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have done all of this. Here is where I found earlier that I need a 4g processor, I am not sure why there are conflicting recommendations. I guess it depends on resolution.

Poor video quality | Flash Player

I found some Windows updates that haven't been done, so I will do those. I have no idea what they are for or what difference they will make, but will live in hope. I also found on my website (motogp.com) that I can set the quality lower, I will see if this helps too.

I watch 7 hours continuously every now and then, at first it is ok, then the quality comes and goes, varying from perfect to blurred to downright nasty (pixelated) and back again. Then it begins to jerk and stop/start. I had my IP provider on the phone and they were showing a good down/upload speed on my router (5.5/0.5) which is evidently good enough.

Thanks to you both for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines