• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reference material

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2008 Feb 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone recommend a good reference manual for Captivate 3? I have "Essentials of Adobe Captivate 3" by Kevin Siegel, which is OK but geared more towards learning the system and a specific training program. I'd like to have something like "Captivate for Dummies" or a similar reference to keep on my desk.
Thanks.
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mzedella

Check your private message area and send me an E-Mail please: rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also looking for a training/reference manual. Would you be willing to share that information again.

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to get one myself as well, half the books that are out there on the market seems to have been a compiliation of materials than a whole book itself. What is more, they hardly do explain anything at all, what I am lookinjg for would be the resource of all resource books, anythig like this out there? Let me know,
sarccara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I totally agree. Why would a company produce software like this and sell it so well without a manual?!? I am actually rather angry at this point. I can use Adobe Premiere- no prob. Why? Manuals. Why would Adobe show us these great demos and not tell us step-by-step how to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> OK. I totally agree. Why would a company produce software like this and
> sell it
> so well without a manual?!? I am actually rather angry at this point. I
> can use
> Adobe Premiere- no prob. Why? Manuals. Why would Adobe show us these great
> demos and not tell us step-by-step how to do it?
>

I think the intent is that Captivate is supposed to be accessible to all,
easy to use etc. If you have the skill to use Word, PowerPoint etc. than
Captivate is intended to be easy to pick up. If Captivate needs a manual,
then Adobe missed their target IMHO.

Steve

--
Adobe Community Expert: eLearning, Mobile and Devices
My blog - http://stevehoward.blogspot.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your kidding right Steve? You think this is as easy to learn as Power Point? Tell me Steve. Is there a market for Power Point Classes? What about Power Point books? As a former HR Manager for Borders Books I know the answers to both questions.

I am not the only one who has purchased this product and felt sick for a week wondering if I should have gone with an Articulate software solution or something that "might" have been easier. But we all know that Adobe is cutting-edge and those who pay for Captivate want that.

So again...do not try to shut me down with idealism. I have only found one book on this software and the author of that spiral-bound manual must be making a fortune. The reason that there is not a book or movies....is that the demand for such a product is not great enough for a large publisher to latch onto the project. This software is targeted for people like us and that is why it has such a high price tag. Adobe needs to get a return back on the investment from the few who need the software. Speaking of Adobe, what if the makers of the product offered a "PDF" on the basics?

At any rate, I need a video or a book and I am interested in what resources are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> So again...do not try to shut me down with idealism.

Hey don't take it personally. Since people are clamouring for manuals then
clearly Adobe goofed. That's all I'm saying.

These forums are probably your best single resource for Captivate.

Steve

--
Adobe Community Expert: eLearning, Mobile and Devices
My blog - http://stevehoward.blogspot.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources