Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes committing but not showing for others in RH9 & Visual Studio 2012

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I work on a team of six using RH9 and VS'12 as our source save. It seems to be only my account that has the following problem, so I wonder if it isn't some setting in my instance of RH or VS:

I make changes to a RH topic, both text and image changes, or to a shared file, like the Glossary, and then save/check-in. When another user accesses it, they perform a 'Get Latest' and unbeknownst to us all, my changes don't appear for that user and other users. When I open the topic, the changes show for me in both RH and VS. The other user goes back in, does another 'Get Latest', but still does not see my changes.

It only happens periodically; not every time I make a change (so perhaps it is something I am doing?). Our workaround has been to have someone else copy/paste the image file, make the change for me, etc. But, as you can imagine, this is time consuming, frustrating, and dangerous; we can only fix what we happen to catch!

Any help is much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2015 Sep 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When doing Get Latest, is there a checkbox called something like "Overwrite existing files"? Try ticking that, which should force the file to be downloaded. You might need to do it through VS12, rather than through RH as I haven't used RH with source control recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you get the latest version through RoboHelp, do you not see the changes in RoboHelp or are you also not seeing the files on your local computer. Also, is there any difference when performing a get through RoboHelp or VS?

You may want to try deleting the CPD as that file can cause these sync problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It turns out that the .cpd file was the culprit for the glossary problem. Checking out the entire project before importing the glossary was also key.

For the missing images, even though it was a copy/paste over existing file names in Windows Explorer of just a few .png files, we discovered that you have to check out the entire folder in Visual Studio before pasting in the new images.

Thank you for those who responded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp