• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I block automatic Flash updates?

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I block automatic Flash updates?  Is blocking the updates possible in the registry? If yes, then how? 

These questions are in reference to a work environment where Flash updates will be deployed through SCCM.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Please see the Chapter 4 "Administration" "Update" section in our admin guide - http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the Chapter 4 "Administration" "Update" section in our admin guide - http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way to do this is to deploy a file called :

mms.cfg

in the directory: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

or

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

Depending on your system architecture.

the contents are simply:

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=0

AutoUpdateDisable=1

That's the simplest way.

Also, there is additional tasks and services that Adobe takes it upon themselves to install and they are:

The tasks are:

Adobe Flash Player Updater

Adobe Flash Player PPAPI Notifier

(not sure about an activeX one as I am on Win10 atm)

The services are:

AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc

Tasks:

Adobe Flash Player Updater

and Adobe Flash Player PPAPI Notifier if you don't install it silently once again not sure about the ActiveX one atm

If you need to and want to delete these as well the command is:

SchTasks /Delete /TN "Adobe Flash Player Updater" /f

SchTasks /Delete /TN "Adobe Flash Player PPAPI Notifier" /f

and

sc delete "AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc" /f

That should be alot more helpful to you

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

chris.campbell  Carm01

Hate to resurrect this but it appears to play into my issue exactly and I'm coming up dry everywhere else

The "Adobe Flash Player Updater" task has been suppressed in our environment for a while by utilizing mms.cfg (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash) with "AutoUpdateDisable=1" .

Since the release of "FLASHPLAYERPLUGINCHROMEv26.0.0.137", though, “Adobe Flash Player PPAPI Notifier” exists in Task Scheduler (Windows) and has been running [calls c:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_26_0_0_137_pepper.exe -check pepperplugin] and presenting our users with prompt to update.

We have created a batch to kill the task with "SchTasks /Delete /TN "Adobe Flash Player PPAPI Notifier" /f " but would rather utilize a method of suppression such as the mms.cfg file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines