Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 7.01 update

Enthusiast ,
Feb 13, 2008 Feb 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did I miss something?

Today RH 7 updated itself. I can't find anything about it.

Thanks.

Harvey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2008 Feb 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in Program Files | Adobe | RH7. There's a readme.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2008 Feb 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I updated RoboHelp 7 with the 7.01 version but I have now my RoboHelp in two languages : French for all and English for the Styles Dialog box...

Do you have the same problem with other languages ?

Thanks !

Eliser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2008 Feb 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eliser

I have alerted Adobe to this as it sounds like a problem with the update. Obviously they are going to need some time to investigate.

Check in the code what happens when you apply a style. If it gets named incorrectly, be very careful. In Programs Add / Removed, you can uninstall the patch. It should revert you to the previous build.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2008 Feb 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been confirmed as a bug but I have no timescale for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Any word from Adobe about what to do if your updater doesn't work out of RH? They still haven't posted the update on the site. Thanks,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see what I can find out. Nothing yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben

Sorry it should be at

http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

but it isn't. It's being looked into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, that's where I checked. Thanks, Peter, you're a great resource.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 26, 2008 Feb 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My updater is not working with RH either. I checked the link posted above by Peter and it is not updated yet. Is there any other way to apply the update besides using updater?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the update several times, it failed every time...
I open up RoboHelp today and go to try again and it apparently installed but said it failed... Hmm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem after reinstalling the Technical Communication Suite. I was able to resolve the issue by removing the RH 7.01 Updater through Window's Add and Remove Program control panel and the running the Adobe Updater again.

I'm not sure if this will help in your situation, but hopefully, it helps somebody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2008 Mar 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, skdfl;sdfpokfl;kf;fk -- your Feb 27 post helped me. I'd already updated to 7.0.1, but then I had to resinstall TCS for another reason, and after that I couldn't re-update RH. When I checked Add/Remove Programs, I didn't find an Updater entry, but found an entry for RH 7.0.1. I removed it, and then the update worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2008 Feb 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard that there was an update to the RH7 documentation somewhere. I haven't been able to find it on the Adobe website, so I wanted to find out where it is and how to get to it, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2008 Feb 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John and welcome to our community

I don't believe it was the documentation that was updated. Instead, Adobe has created an update to the application itself.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 28, 2008 Feb 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 7.0.1 update has been posted on the Adobe website. You can download it from
http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

Vivek.
Adobe Systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 29, 2008 Feb 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! Sure enough, Help > About now says v. 7.01.001.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the duplicate--my browser was hanging on the first one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2008 Jul 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm not sure if I should start a new topic or just wake this one up. I'll try the latter first...

WinXP, with Adobe Technical Communications Suite (Framemaker 8, Acrobat 8, Robohelp 7.) I installed TCS and had to uninstall and reinstall a couple of times.

The system is stable now, except that every so often the auto updater tries to download and install RH 7.0.1. In fact, it also tried as soon as I reinstalled each time. However, it always fails. (The download works but the install fails.) It never tells me why, just that something has failed and the software was not updated.

I checked in Add/Remove Programs, and RH is listed as being 7.0.2!

BTW, I never actually use RH; I have it only because all of us on the team use the same TCS package.

More: I start RH for Word and it gives me an error that says it cannot start Word. Then it starts Word. :-/

"About RH" says it is RH 7.0, build 145

When I start RH HTML, the "About" also says 7.00.145.

So why does Add/Remove Programs say 7.02? If I uninstall, it will uninstall the whole Robohelp. I do NOT want to reinstall TCS again!

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ed

Something has got into an almighty mess.

On the Word issue, was RH (TCS) installed after Word? If not, that could be part of the problem. If it was, then see Print Issues on my site. There is an item there that may help.

On the patches, in theory if you uninstall 7.0.2 and reboot, then 7.0.1 should show in the list of programs. Try that first.

Did you have RH installed before TCS and then install TCS over the top? Won't fly.

Are you aware that TCS has to be installed by yourself or admin and that the logon used has to have local admin rights? I think it would have failed without those rights but worth asking.

Take a look at those things and then post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ed

Are you also getting a runtime error 49 message? If so, see Using RH7 on my site. That was fixed in patch 2 bit with what you report, I wouldn't be too confident patch 2 was installed properly.

Also you might need to fix it manually the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp