• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't publish CP 9 project for iPad. Why is Publish button grayed out?

Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export a simple Captivate 9 project as an iPad app, but the Publish button in the Publish for Devices dialog is grayed out. Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

What I've done so far:

1. Created a project in Phone Gap called Delete1. That's also the name of my Captivate project.

phone-gap-capture.jpg

2. From the Captivate toolbar, chose Publish > Publish for Devices. Logged in to Phone Gap, chose to create a new app and gave it a name of Delete1. Clicked Next.

publish-screen-capture-1.jpg

3. Chose to publish only as iOS, but can't type or choose anything in the Title combo box. This is where the Publish button is grayed out. I'm also confused about the Password field. Is this where I create a password or where I use one created elsewhere?

publish-screen-capture-2.jpg

More generally: can someone recommend a tutorial on creating an app with CP 9? Easelsolutions has a very good tutorial on YouTube for CP 8, but there are significant differences in version 9.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For iOS you need to be accepted as a app developer, do you have that certificate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have an ios_development.cer file that I created on my MacBook. But I'm doing Captivate development in Windows 10. Do I need to do everything on the Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, cannot help you more, I don't have a Mac. Apple has some pretty restrictive rules IMO, could be the issue indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thanks anyway for your help. And FYI, the only way to create a certificate is on the Mac.

Needless to say, there is little documentation on this feature and no tutorials anywhere (YouTube, lynda, etc.) about how to do this in Captivate 9. It feels like I'm the first person ever to attempt this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources