• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update of Expanding Text?

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2008 Feb 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am relatively new to RoboHelp. I love the fact that I can take a glossary entry, drag it to a term in my topic, and create an expanding text entry. However, if my glossary entry changes, it doesn't update the expanding text!

Is there a better way to do this? Am I missing something? Is there at least a report to show what topics contain a glossary text entry so I can keep this updated easily as my project gets bigger?

Thanks!

David Litman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Feb 29, 2008 Feb 29, 2008
Hi Elisa

Nope, Snippets are a block level item. Meaning they have to be on a paragraph of their own. In order for them to work in an Expanding hotspot, you would need the abilty to use just a smidge of text or something.

Why would a variable not work for this? After all, Expanding Hotspots normally only contain text. Then you would just update the variable to update what displayed.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David

What you can do is to launch the Glossary Hotspot Wizard. ( Tools > Glossary Hotspot Wizard) With that, you can run it against the selected term and it will trawl through the topics looking for the term. You will then have a chance to update the existing terms to match the new information.

Unfortunately, as you have seen, there is no dynamic link between what is inside the Glossary and the expanding definitions.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do Snippets work in expanding text hotspots?

e

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Elisa

Nope, Snippets are a block level item. Meaning they have to be on a paragraph of their own. In order for them to work in an Expanding hotspot, you would need the abilty to use just a smidge of text or something.

Why would a variable not work for this? After all, Expanding Hotspots normally only contain text. Then you would just update the variable to update what displayed.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp