• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit button in Find Results dialog does not launch an editor (RH11)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a question ever since RH switched to the multi-doc interface, but I have just worked around it up until now.

I am looking for a specific string and then I need to edit each file where it occurs. A simple replace won't do.

After using Find & Replace in Files I get a list of topic titles in the Find Results dialog. If I r-click on a filename and choose Edit or or double-click a result in the list I get a window that only lets me Replace, Replace All, Undo, Next File or Save.

How can I open a file from Find Results in RH Editor? Or even any editor? The window it opens in is not an editor.

As of now I put Find Results on the left, Topic List on the right (sorted by filename) and manually open and edit each file from the Topic List. This is painful and slow.

Has this gotten any better in 2015? I can't upgrade this particular project but would be good to know for future reference.

Thanks!

Jeanne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Yes in RoboHelp 2015 the topic opens in the Design Editor where you can edit in the normal way.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes in RoboHelp 2015 the topic opens in the Design Editor where you can edit in the normal way.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter. Fabulous news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp