Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with the Flash player 19.0.0.226 msi version VS the web update version

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I download the latest .MSI file to be install with SCCM. When the upgraded has been done the flash player stop working. I use the normal download from adobe and install it from the website and it worked correctly. I test using Facebook to look at some video and it work. Can you please verify or upgrade the MSI files on the Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi martinl20025075,

The web version and the MSI versions are the same and both should work fine viewing the same content.  To troubleshoot further, please provide the following information:

• Your operating system & version
  • Your web browser(s) & version
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • A direct link to a page that demonstrates the problem.  Preferably a non-Facebook site.
  • If you get error messages, provide a screenshot: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI,

I use SCCM2012 r2 to deploy the MSI using a application deployment and using this command:

msiexec /i "install_flash_player_19_active_x.msi" /qn

My 2 machines I used to test before the deployment where using flash player 18 version 194

Internet explorer 11.0.23

I uninstall the older version using this command:

msiexec /x {901E9B21-CDB1-4C4A-ABFC-61A554912BED} /qn

Like I said the application packages was deploy and flash was installed. But anything that use flash had a error that flash player not installed or must be updated.

If I use the website adobe.com and download and install Adobe flash player 19.0.0.226. All my flash application worked.

Then I uninstall flash player that was install using the web site and re-deploy it using SCCM2012. After that re-installation flash player 226 it worked correctly in internet explorer. I don't understand why it now worked on my machine.

I will try on 2 other machine using only the MSI and see what will happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines