• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Plugin v 19.0.0.226 for Chrome doesn't work with Microsoft Roaming Profiles

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Any user account that uses a roaming profile that upgrades the flash plugin for google chrome from 19.0.0.0.207 to 19.0.0.226 can no longer use the plugin properly. 

Websites seem to think that flash is out of date, because you get an update message.  When you disable the plugin altogether, you get the message to install flash. 

Here is what you get when the plugin is disabled:

disabled_plugin.JPG

Then with the plugin v19.0.0.226 enabled you get this:

enabled1.JPG

Then this:

enabled2.JPG

When I roll back to 19.0.0.207 it is usable, however I do not want to use the version that is not secure.  Affecting roughly 160 users on Virtual Machines.  To clarify, I am able to use the plugin just fine on my VMs as long as the user profile is local, and not a roaming profile.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also noticed that version 19.0.0.207 was placed in the Chrome application directory, and  226 is now in the user directory:

19.0.0.207: C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\46.0.2490.71\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll

19.0.0.226: \\domainlocation\user_profiles\first.last\AppData\Roaming\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\19.0.0.226\pepflashplayer.dll

What is with this change?  This is what got me in the direction of the issue being with roaming profiles in the first place.

Thanks!

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a good question for the Chrome forums, but the short answer is that Chrome has a couple update mechanism (full vs. component updater), and assets seem to show up in different places depending on the mechanism used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines