• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just downloaded the Illustrator Draw and need to export some illustrations as pdf.

In Ideas I was able to do this through e-mail but in Illustrator Draw I'm only able to e-mail as a jpeg.

Carlos

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! How can I send my illustrator draw file from ipad to illustrator cc "pdf"? There is no possibility. There is just export through email as a jpeg!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently Draw does not provide a mechanism to e-mail a PDF of your drawing. We will add support for that in a future update. If you're using the latest version of Illustrator CC 2014 released on 10/6/2014, you can send your artwork to Illustrator by tapping on the Share button and then tapping on the 'Send to Illustrator' button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much William! But I still don't understand why in my adobe draw there isn't 'Send to Illustrator' button??? I have latest version of illustrator CC 2014 (official demo version), but I can't find this button on my adobe draw!!! Please tell me what I do wrong??? May be this is work just with full version of illustrator cc???

Thanks in advance!!!

IMG_0962.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're correct in that you need to have the full version of Illustrator — and not the demo version — to make this button appear. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and I have the full version of illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings William,

I am having this same issue but i do have the full version of illustrator CC. I have had a membership for almost 3 years now... I have the option to send to illustrator from Adobe Line but not from Draw where I have been working from as I prefer the brushes there. Please advise how I can fix this issue. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no way to get a high resolution picture from Adobe draw without;

A) using a computer?

B) buying the full version of Adobe Illustrator?

I've made this drawing and want to export the file straight onto my phone at a decent resolution and yet there isn't an option for this? How come?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can thank Adobes Monetary Marketing Team (Yes an actual entity) that decides what feature to remove in order to force people to upgrade to CC. One feature they removed the ability to export out a PDF and simply email it to someone. They will never return this simple feature because it wouldn't force compliance with CC, it's a monetary decision at the expense of the user.

I know because I asked an Adobe employee and he let it slip.

So this thread is just a distraction now because Adobe won't ever add this feature back, they want your monthly pound of flesh more.

Creative Director / Illustrator
PPLLUVProcess.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William

Do you have any timeline as to when to expect the export a PDf option in Adobe Draw, as we used to use Adobe Ideas with Illustrator cs4 and they worked great together, now we can no longer export our artwork as PDF files, just JPG which is quite useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

II'll confine my work to Ideas until I can save to PDF in Draw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an ETA on when the update will be available so files can be exported as PDFs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys said the exact same thing over a year ago. No one can believe the responses in the forum now.

You want to see an app that truly gives the user complete control of what they create in a vector drawing program, check out the Concepts app. You can export out all kinds of formats and it works with nearly every cloud service available not just creative cloud. TopHatch

PPLLUVProcess.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download it still and then click the link to save to "ibooks" and then from ibooks you can email it as a pdf file   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am very disappointed with Adobe Draw, no pdf svg export, useless, the app is excellent new features, but useless with no export, if i need jpg or png i use photoshop, But guys this is VECTOR PROGRAM. i recommend inkPad for iPad.

If adobe need more money, sale the app, no $220 anual subscription for export options.

Luis

behance.com/darqdesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I read that it had vector capabilities, I immediately downloaded.  I was impressed with the stroke, line weight with my stylus, etc.  I just went for it and created a full image for a client and then decided to send it to my email.  Similar to the way I did in Ideas.  You have got to be f'n kidding me......   NO PDF EXPORT?  Useless app for my needs.  USELESS.  I sent to myself a low resolution png file.  Someone tell me if I am doing something wrong or am I right to feel slightly duped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this is a solution for jailbreak iPads:

Adobe Draw save projects as SVG-files.

- open filemanager on iPad, e.g. iFile

- navigate to /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/...search...for...right...folder.../Library/Private Documents/ModelStorage/AssetContext/...search...for...right...folder.../projects/...search...for...right...folder.../current

- mark SVG-files and send by eMail

- have fun!

adobe_draw.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

That was a great tip! Just updating it: you can do this with any device, jailbroken or not! I'm using iFunBox here on my iPad 4 (no jailbreak), and (finally...), could access my svg files.

Follow the steps:

Adobe Draw>Library>Private Documents>Model Storage>a folder with a Greeeaat name>Projects>another folder with another big name>Current. Inside this folder there were all my projects (see below)

Untitled-1.jpg

And so... I was finally able to get my work in an useable format:

Untitled-2.jpg

Today we have 2 updates to Adobe apps (Line and Sketch), and by now I get the "Send to" options in both... maybe in the next days we have the same for Draw, but this is a good solution anyway, for those who want to get access to the projects already done in Draw, or don't want to switch to Adobe CC by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Yesterday I was trying to get my files exported from the updated Adobe Line app to my desktop, and no way: for us, legacy users (I'm on CS6), the only way to get a vector file is through this method (perhaps not desirable concerning such a so basic thing like getting your work in a suitable manner, but it's a simple method in the end - better than getting no vector file after all - just need to get iFile, iFunBox or any other "iStuff" manager app). Using the "Send to" option in the updated Adobe apps, will ask for Adobe Illustrator CC to open the .ai file. Certainly, with Adobe Draw will be the same. So, 'till (and if...), Adobe decides to bring back the e-mail pdf export, it's the ONLY way legacy users have to work with Draw or Line apps and get a vector file by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested sucessful with iMazing 1.1.0 on Mac OS X 10.10.1!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work!  have to be jailbroken to connect iDraw to the app sandbox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2016 Oct 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't thank you enough for this workaround!

However in 2016 your solution is not that easy anymore. When I tried to open Adobe Draw directory on my new iPad Pro, I got this alert from iFunBox:

Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 15.28.39.png

So here is what I did: took my old iPhone 4s with iOS 8.1, installed there Adobe Draw. Synched it. Got my projects.

Then connected it to iFunBox and happily extracted all the files:

Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 15.28.59.png

Thanks again! These files were very important to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2015 Jan 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone else shared this link in another thread. Wow! The iPad app "Concepts" makes Adobe Draw look like something a high school coder would create. Has all the features needed, the drawing feels better than Adobe Draw, you can rotate canvas as you draw like real life, export out anything you want, name layers, name files, quickly access items without having them hid on you. It's brilliant. http://goo.gl/nFglLr

PPLLUVProcess.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2015 Jan 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but what do i do with all the work i created on Draw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines