• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE stopped working on Windows 10

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used ADE 4.5 on Windows 10 for about a month then suddenly one morning, I was no longer able to execute ADE.  I tried un-installing and re-installing 3 times.  I get no error messages, just no response.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  I can get my books into ADE and then they just disappear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:
- Right Click on the Icon of Digital Editions.

- Choose start as Admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nanaky but that didn't work either.  The only difference was that when I ran as administrator, I got the message box, "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC?"  When I answered, "Yes", I got no response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to install 3.0 Version an stand of 4.5: Adobe Digital Editions downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nanaky.  Getting closer but still have a little problem:

I installed ADE 3.0.1 as you suggested, and was able to download a book from my public library using Overdrive  [I wasn't able to do this with ADE 4.5].

However, when I attempted to open the downloaded file in ADE, I got an error box, "Error:  Check Activation". 

What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nanaky. Where do I find the name and location for the backup registry key that you mentioned in Step 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Name used this was get when save. The Place to save can used itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nansky.

I'm sorry to be so dense but I didn't understand a word of your last post ("Name used this was get when save. The Place to save can used itself.").  Could you dumb it down for me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mean that can used the File Name which the system pretends.

The Place for the Save you choose yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running windows 10 and was having similar problems and per Nanaky I closed ADE.  Found the My Digital Editions folder in my documents and renamed it.  I then open ADE and my books returned.  They were filed in My Digital Editions.  A couple of library books I had to re load but no biggie.  Hope you are have luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not an answer but another question, sorry: ADE is weird on my new windows 10 machine, when it opens it flies off the monitor, i can find it on task view but can't use it otherwise what am i doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines