• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have tried to load Flash Player on my XP computer but have had unwanted Search engines installed namely Binkiland and Bing neither of which I wanted and I can not remove them as they do not appear in the programs list. Can you please help.

Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to load Flash Player on my XP computer but have had unwanted Search engines installed namely Binkiland and Bing neither of which I wanted and I can not remove them as they do not appear in the programs list. Can you please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Hello Maria,

Thank you so much for the link, which worked fine. Some of the other times I tried to load Flash Player were presented by the site and also from the search engine. You will have gathered that I am not very computer savy!

Once again thank you.

Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chriso19478398,

Where did you download the installer from?  Binkiland and Bing are not offered, or bundled, with the official Flash Player installer downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria,

Thank you so much for the link, which worked fine. Some of the other times I tried to load Flash Player were presented by the site and also from the search engine. You will have gathered that I am not very computer savy!

Once again thank you.

Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chriso19478398,

Please be careful with search engine results.  Depending on several factors (the search engine, search queries performed, paid results, and others, the official adobe.com link may not be the one at the top of the list.  There are times when the first several results are for malicious sites.  Every so often I run searches for Flash Player installer and report the malicious/fake sites to our internal fraud team, but it's difficult to stay ahead of these malicious actors.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Maria,

Thank you for your help, I guess that it must be a nightmare for you to try and combat these sites which can be generated from anywhere on the planet.

Chris9478398

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines