• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to Find Older MSI Versions of Flash and the Flash Uninstaller?

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone in our organization made a mistake and overwrote all 19.0.0.185 files (the ActiveX MSI, the NPAPI MSI, the uninstaller) with the 19.0.0.226 versions.

Because of change control, we can't make the switch that fast without having first gone through our testing process, so I've been asked to get the .185 files back.

At the moment, I'm hard pressed to find a page where I can get any of the 19.0.0.185 files so I'm reaching out for guidance.

I thought I'd be able to find it on the Archived Flash Player versions (https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html)‌ page, however although the page says the file is 172MB, the actual file offered, fp_19.0.0.185_archive.zip‌, is only 34MB.

Either I'm doing it wrong or something else has gone awry.

Where can one find the older MSI's?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its 33.9 MB in size. Guess the page needs to be updated.

Version Flash Player 19.0.0.207 is 254 MB in Size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the 'interesting' response.

If we assume the listed package size on the website is a merely typo, the zip only contains the following files:

• flashplayer19_0r0_185_mac_debug.dmg
  • flashplayer19_0r0_185_winax_debug.exe

It doesn't contain any of the expected files that are normally found in an archive:

• the ActiveX MSI - flashplayer19_0r0_185_winax.msi
  • the NPAPI MSI - flashplayer19_0r0_185_win.msi
  • the Uninstaller - uninstall_flashplayer19_0r0_185_win.msi
  • and several others

It would seem there's an issue with the package as a whole.

This is a cross between seeking validation that there's a problem with the package and an interim solution, like a direct download link to just the MSIs and EXE I'm seeking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It looks like the 19.0.0.185 archive only contains 2 of the content debugger installers, instead of all of the expected files.  Not sure what happened there, but I'll follow-up and update this thread when I have an update (should be later today).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The zip archive for 19.0.0.185 has been fixed and now contains all EXE and MSI installers for the release.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep , it is fixed. However the file size mentioned is different . that's ok

19.0.0.185 = 254 MB

fp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file size on the page will be fixed as well.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome, it will be helpful for people , so that they can decide whether to download the archive file or not .

Like some people like me has problems like Download limit and Non-Affordable Internet packs- High price and less Download limit like 1GB for 30 days hehehe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines