Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i'd like to install an update of 64-bit flash player

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've installed first flash 64-bit 19.0.0.207 with this link : Distribution d'Adobe Flash Player   and then I wanted to install the update called 19.0.0.226 so I download it from the previous webpage and installed it but then in my browser Cyberfox x64 there were two versions of flash : 19.0.0.207 and 19.0.0.226 (64bit).

How  can I properly install an update of 64-bit flash player?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_te...

Go down to the bottom under "still having problems" you will see the versions. NPAPI might be what you need as your browser is a Firefox variant

Hope that helps

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile, I tried to uninstall then reinstall flash player from this link : https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?loc=fr

I get only one version of flash, the latest 226.

I'll try to do what you said when a new version of flash wil be released...

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi S3ndG,

Are you installing the update with the browser open?

Which version of CyberFox do you have installed?  Is your computer's chipset Intel or AMD?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I didn't install the update with the browser opened.

I have Cyberfox 41.0.3 x64 intel edition.

I experienced a bug while updating manually Flash, there were two versions of it in the plug-ins list when you click on the plug-in to get more infos.

In the future I'll let the auto-update do its job, that worked fine on my second computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest version of CyberFox (41.0.3) on a 64-bit Windows 7 VM (virtual machine)

I installed Flash Player version 19.0.0.207 and viewed Flash content.

While viewing Flash content I updated to 19.0.0.226.

After installation completed, I refreshed the browser tab containing Flash content and the newly installed version was loaded.

Checked C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and the previous version (19.0.0.207) was correctly removed and the newly installed version (19.0.0.226) files were present.

This is the correct and expected behaviour for when Flash Player is updated while viewing Flash content using Firefox browser, and since CyberFox is based on Firefox it appears to be functioning the same.  Different browsers behave differently when updating Flash Player while the browser is open and/or viewing Flash content.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by the way where did you download flash player 19.0.0.207 ?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.

19.0.0.207 is posted on the Archive page: Archived Flash Player versions

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same problem on different video websites and now worried due to upcoming CCL 6 live cricket event, It will be a great help if anyone can resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same problem on different video websites and now worried due to upcoming T20 WC cricket event, It will be a great help if anyone can resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You are posting on a thread that is 5 months old.  Posting "I am having the same issue..." isn't very helpful.  Please provide the following information so that someone may be able to assist you:

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines