• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 7 File associations

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2008 Mar 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH7 seems to be pre-configured to edit .JS files with Notepad.exe.
But when I clidk on a .js file in the Project Manager, nothing happens.
Similarly, I have added a .bat file to my project that is used for building the project from the commandline.
I would like to set up the file association for .bat to use Notepad.
But even though I have done this, when I select the file and then choose Edit, it looks like the file is being executed: a command prompt window appears briefly with the .bat running inside it.

SO, my Q is: How to make File Associations work in RH 7. I assume this is why the .js file can't be edited as well.

Thanks,
S.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2008 Mar 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi S.

I think the editor used is actually what is configured for the Windows operating system. For me, mine open in Dreamweaver, despite the fact Notepad is configured as the editor inside RoboHelp for .JS files.

Personally, I think it's a bug and you should report to Adobe via the WishForm. You may do this by clicking here and completing the form you should find there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp